chapter 31 -- the Greater Vosian Prison

Edited ✔️

Optimus and Jetfire were being pushed down the hall of an old Vosian prison by two Seekers, servos locked in stasis cuffs. They stopped next to a cell, the barrier lowering with a thrum. One Seeker grabbed Optimus by the arm, throwing him into the cell easily. The Autobot groaned at the impact, slowly standing up as his friend was pushed inside.

"Get comfortable, Autobots." One of the Seekers sneered, "Starscream will ask for you soon."

Optimus glared at the Decepticons as they snickered, leaving the imprisoned Autobots, laughter echoing. He quickly averted his gaze to look at his friend. Jetfire was at the back wall, sitting and resting his fore-helm on his knees.

"You okay, Jet?" Optimus asked.

"I'm fine." The flier grumbled, lifting his helm, "You?"

"Yeah, same." The red and blue Autobot said, sighing.

He padded over to his friend and sat down next to him, tiredly shuddering his optics.

"What now?" He asked, more to himself.

"I dunno. Wait?" Jetfire suggested, shrugging.

"Yeah, that's a smart plan." Optimus said.

So, they waited. A long time. Optimus was on the brink of recharging, but he didn't allow himself to let his guard down. He brought his optics online, and looked up at his friend.

"What do you think Megatron wants from us?" He asked.

The Seeker looked at the smaller Autobot. "Probably information on the Matrix."

"I thought that it could only be accessed by a Prime." Optimus said.

"The chamber can be accessed by anyone if they have the Key. It's the power it has that can't be given." The flier said, "I don't know how the Decepticons are gonna get the Key, though."

"Great." The smaller Autobot groaned.

The two fell silent. Once again, Optimus was on the brink of recharging, but this time he heard pedes walking down the hall. He thought they would simply pass by, but he heard the barrier be lowered. The two's helms snapped up faster than they thought was possible.

In the hallway was a blue Decepticon with a mouthplate and yellow visor, purple Decepticon insignia in the center of his glass chassis. At one side was a dark red and black Decepticon with a glowing red visor. He looked strangely familiar to Optimus, but the feeling was accompanied by fear. At the blue Decepticon's other side was a black and gray Mechalynx with golden-colored optics, and a red and black Rustbird perched on his shoulder-pad. Optimus found it slightly strange that a Decepticon seemed to be an animal lover, but he didn't think too much about that.

"On your pedes, 'Bots." The dark red Decepticon sneered, pointing his blaster at the two.

The Autobots quickly stood and walked out of the cell. With the blue Decepticon in front with his pets and the dark red one behind them, the Autobots were led through the halls of the prison.

Throughout the walk, Optimus glanced left and right, seeing more cells. Some contained Autobots, scarred and covered in dried Energon, while others were empty, containing puddles and splatters of energon on its walls.

"Scared, Autobot?" The dark red Decepticon asked, then snickering, "Trust me, it's worse than it looks."

I wouldn't doubt it. Optimus thought.

They walked more and more, until they came across the warden's office. The door slid open before the blue Decepticon, then he walked inside. The Autobots followed him in, then the dark red Decepticon as well. The door shut behind them, trapping them inside of the room.