chapter 9 -- mission

✔️ Rewritten & Edited!

Sunstreaker and Blaze padded down Kaon's main street, acting as if a war wasn't raging on their home world. They spoke loudly and joked, laughing and messing around like they were on their way home from the Polyhexian academy. Really, they were trying to catch the attention of a passing Decepticon patrol. They'd be captured (after a brief fight, of course), taken to Megatron, gather intel, then be blasted out before anything major happened. That is, if they could even find any Decepticons.

"Where are the 'Cons?" Blaze whispered, glancing around, "I thought they crawled all over this place."

Sunstreaker wondered that himself. He didn't pay much mind, however, just turning to his twin and shrugging.

"I'm sure we just got lucky and avoided the major patrols." He said.

As if on cue, the Autobots heard two pairs of pedes walking towards them. They quietly ran to the closest hiding spot, which was in the shadows of a building. Two Decepticons padded within view, walking perpendicular to the two Autobots, talking loudly. One was dark red with yellow optics and a mouth-plate. The other was a light blue flier with white stripes and an orange visor. Both held blasters in their servos -- the dark red one had his held in both, while the flier had his rested over one should-pad in a relaxed fashion.

"I don't understand why Lord Megatron would trust a frag-up over loyal 'Cons." The dark red one Decepticon said.

"Like us?" The other asked.

They stopped suddenly, looking around. The dark red one then faced the other Decepticon, speaking to the other.

"Hm, more like me." He shrugged.

"Wha— Why-?"

"You and your trine joined the Decepticons late, remember?"

"We're still loyal, though!"

"I know, I know. Just messing with you, Ion."

Sunstreaker looked back at Blaze, and the silver Autobot nodded to him. Go time. They jumped out of the safety of the shadows, both in defensive stances. The two Decepticons' helms snapped to the younglings.

"Hey!" Blaze called out, "Do you have a moment? Trying to find the Decepticon HQ. Y'know where it is?"

Sunstreaker joined him, "Yeah! We wanna have a chat with Megs!"

The two laughed hysterically at the warlord's given nickname, which angered the dark red Decepticon. The light blue one didn't seem as affected by this, but he looked slightly annoyed at the inconvenience the younglings presented. They both raised their blasters, pointed at the Autobots' chassis, and slowly approached them.

"Autobots, stand down!" The dark red one snarled, "Maybe we won't kill you where you stand!"

The two Autobots didn't do as they were ordered, instead stepping into defensive stances. The Decepticons came closer, the dark red becoming more aggravated by the nano-cycle they didn't comply.

"Spinister, let's just take them to Megatron." The striped Decepticon suggested, "He could find a use with 'em."

"Not a chance!" Sunstreaker exclaimed.

He lifted a leg, and swung it around. It connected with Spinister's helm, followed by a loud CRACK. The Decepticon yelled in pain, and was sent tumbling to the ground. Sunstreaker lowered his pede, returning to his defensive stance. The Seeker looked down at his fellow Decepticon, worry in his optics. The dark red Decepticon got onto his servos and knees, Energon trickling down his faceplates and onto the ground. He slowly stood, stumbling slightly, and rested a servo over the bleeding area. He looked down at his servo, seeing smeared neon-pink, and looked up at the two younglings angrily. Spinister took his blaster, and pointed right in the middle of the yellow Autobot's chassis. Right as he fired, Blaze tackled his pseudo-trinemate to the ground, the blaster shot grazing his shoulder-pad. They landed on the ground harshly, quickly scrambling back into defensive positions.