Deal with the Devil

Izuku Midoriya awoke on the deck of an ancient ship. It's wood was besotten with rancid seawater, and the greenette himself was soaked. With effort, he tried to get to his feet, and get his bearings... However, it wouldn't be so easy. Roughly grabbed, he was dragged across the deck, his classic red shoes limply crossing it. He tried to walk... but couldn't, feeling weak. Head hanging low, he didn't know what was happening, or why... and was eventally brought before someone. Looking around, Izuku's eyes struggled to take in his surroundings, and those around him. Analyzing the situation, he found that he was surrounded by humanoids... With elements of the sea incorporated into them. They were clearly mutant style quirks, the greenette thought on first blush. Some had fishy features, some with crustacean or mollusk features, while some were just masses of coral. Attempting to stand, he didn't get very far, as one of them spoke, a humanoid with a hammerhead shark for half a head. "On your knees!" One from behind him kicked out his knees from the back, forcing him onto the ground. These people did not save me. Vastly outnumbered, and not feeling the power of One for All, he remained still. The Vestiges didn't speak to him either.

The mass of men quieted, as if there was a shift in the air. Their jeers died down, and they parted, allowing a certain one to walked forward. Their legs were different, with one being a crab leg, faded orange in color, while the other was a heavily sea encrusted boot. The unusually particular footsteps echoed off the deck. As the greenette looked up, he absorbed the man's features. Old fashioned, faded, barnacle encrusted clothes, with even more faded gold embroidery, he noticed that he primarily used a cutlass as a weapon. One "hand" was a mass of tentacles, with five "digits". His index wrapped up his hand, into his sleeve. Meanwhile, his other... was a menacing crab claw. When the man noticed Izuku's gaze, it closed with a rough scraping sound. An intimidation tactic. Moving up, the greenette saw fringes of his beard, which was made from copious amounts of octopus tentacles. When Izuku finally saw his eyes, they were the last noticably human part of him. Crowned with a large, blue, barnacle encrusted tricorn, the man was a fearsome figure to behold. 

It was then, that the man spoke, his voice smooth, yet authoritative, all with a Scottish lilt, "Do you know where you are?"

Breathing deeply, Izuku remained calm. "No..."

The crew laughed a bit at the boy's niavety, but quieted down soon in this new man's presence. He was clearly their captain, and he smiled. It was more of a grimace, than anything, but it was still very malicious in nature. He strode, step, by precarious step, before leaning down to meet th boy, face to face. "You are in-between life and death, so allow me to ask a simple question: Do you fear death?"

Izuku spoke immediately. "No."
That surprised the crew. The Captain was still smiling, and it was really starting to get to him... but the greenette knew not to show your fear. Not to villains. Even with their outlandish claims. "You should rethink your answer, young pup."
Still staying strong, he... rephrased his answer. "I do not fear death... but I don't want to die yet."
Nodding, he accepted that answer: "Now that, is a... smarter answer..." He thought for a moment and then spoke again, "Did you live your life with regrets? Do you have, yet unfinished buisness...? You don't fear death... but have no desire to die... then I have an offer for you."

With little alternative choices, Izuku patiently asked, "What is it, sir?"

He's offered this many times, the greenette thought, It's natural for him to say. Perhaps that is his quirk? No... it's too easy for him to say... maybe he is correct that he is in charge of life and death. It does accurately reflect life, after all. Even so, he listened. "Join my crew. 100 years, and you can postpone the judgement."

He realized that the look of the crew must be due to this... this captain. Souls enslaved to him. Izuku realized, I must not accept that deal. "Can I propose a counter offer, sir?"

Standing up, the Captain was... thoughtful. "Since you are respectful, I will listen."

The Greenette was tired of being pushed around. He'd had enough of that in life. That, and he had a bone to pick. He'd been betrayed by most of those he knew. Whispers of treason, led to an inquisition against him... and those he thought would help, speak for his innocence... didn't. Not even the girl who promised him that he was her hero. It enraged the boy, and he wanted them to feel the pain he felt. It wasn't heroic... but he couldn't possibly be a hero now. Besides, if they were to turn on him, a close friend, imagine what they'd be capable of in the future! "Help me get revenge, and I promise to serve you as long as you want. Even longer than that."
At the word revenge, the man nodded with a knowing smile. "I'm sorely tempted to take said offer, but what have I to gain from your revenge?"

The boy made a promise. "You can carve your way through the sea... and add even more to your crew than just me... and be feared amongst the strongest of our world."
"And you will honor our agreement?"
He nodded, "I swear. I will never break my word."
The man extended his tentacled hand, with welcoming words. "Then welcome aboard, young... what is your name?"

Since he wasn't a hero, he had no need for his old, useless, hero name. He was who he is now: the vengeful boy: "Izuku Midoriya." He accepted the handshake, squirming slightly as the tentacles reflexively wrapped around his arms. But he didn't let go.
That bravery earned him the man's respect, as he bellowed: "Welcome to the Flying Dutchman, young Midoriya!"

With him letting go, he was going to find a place to wash his arm when he realized, I have no idea who this guy is. "With all due respect, sir, what is your name?"

Turning back, the octopus faced man responded, his voice booming, "I am Davy Jones, Captain of the Dutchman. If you want revenge, masta Midoriya, you'll do what I say!" Everyone looked at their captain, and he barked a new order: "Get to work!"

They all moved to quickly get to their station. The helmsman followed Jones, and Izuku went not too long after.

This might not be so bad.