Epilogue

Shinsou and Aizawa were worried for the duo. Having received Jirou's call, Iida had given over the chest, and the rest of the class waited with baited breath. They worried for the violette, even if she didn't like them. When she arrived back, long after dark, with the chest, they all had questions. Iida was the most surprised. "Why do you still have it? Where is Midoriya?"
Sensing that the rest of them would start to make a racket, Aizawa commanded the room. "Quiet!"

Jirou explained it to the best of her ability. However, she didn't give the whole truth, as they didn't deserve it. "The chest was important to Jones because it contained his weakness. Izu had taken it and tried to negotiate with Jones... he refused, Izu killed Jones, and Jones cursed him in the end."

Bakugo, particularly unpleasant, especially with the nickname she gave him, growled, "Fucking what?!"

Mina, however, latched onto that nickname for a different reason, "Izu...? Mind explaining?"

Meanwhile, Hitoshi asked, clearly worried for him, "What curse?"

However, Jirou's expression darkened with the pressing questions. "I'm not telling you all anything more. I'll only tell Shinsou and Sensei" She strode past to her room, bumping the ashen blond boy with her shoulder. He growled, forced to stay back as Aizawa and Shinsou followed not too far behind. Reaching her soundproof room, the teacher closing the door behind them. 

Confident that they were alone, the violette told them everything. From when they left the Support workshop, to the confrontation, to the crew using the chest to rip out Izuku's heart, and their confessions to each other, and his giving the chest to her.

Aizawa, disbelieving, tried to take everything at face value. "So... that is Izuku's heart?"

"You can hear his heartbeat..." She offered the chest to him. Holding it carefully, he placed his head against it. Hearing the heartbeat, he was shocked, reflexively moving away from it. "So it really is..."
Jirou then repeated what she had already told him. It flew in the face of their world, based in science and biology, "As Jones said... the Dutchman must have a captain."

Hitoshi whistled as he voiced his thoughts, "You do realize that you have the weakness of one of the most powerful individuals in the world right?"

She was somber, knowing that was indeed the case. "Yes."

Aizawa nodded, finally accepting all of this. "I understand why you don't trust any of your classmates, but they have been trying to help. They know what they did wrong, and want to fix it."
She glared reflexively at their mentioning, stating outright. "I can't trust them with a secret like this."

And the raven haired teacher was understanding of this. "Thank you for at least telling us. I will have to tell Nezu..."
She was okay with that, at least. Considering he was staff and they didn't make any kind of judgment. "That's ok. Nezu is usually pretty good at this kind of stuff."

The erasure hero asked, "Did you want us to hold onto it?"

She gripped it tighter, and refused, "No... Izu trusted me with it. I will take care of it."

Aizawa then asked, yet another question. "Very well. Do you have the key?"

"No, he does."

He nodded, "Good. That makes your job easier."

The purple haired boy, who had been silent until now, asked, "How long will he be gone?"

The girl repsponded, sadness with a touch of longing lining her voice, "10 years at sea. One day on land. Same curse as Jones."

Hitoshi asked, "Will he become like him...?"

Jirou shuddered, because she didn't want him to. Nobody knew what Jones' motivation was, but he was an evil man. Broken by time, most likely. Which meant that her promise was all the more important. "No. If he does, I'll... I'll kill him myself."

Izuku watched the sea pass by. It was only a week since he left Japan for the last time, but it was too much. He wanted to be with Jir... no, Kyoka. She used his first name, a nickname of that, so he figured she wouldn't mind.

His duty was a terrible one. Now as the grim reaper of the sea, it was his role to lead the dead to the afterlife. And there was so much more than what there appeared to be.

So many dead... most of them to villain attacks. And the worst part was, he'd have to recruit some for the crew. They were around for only 100 years or so, depending on their usefulness. Fortunately, Izuku could control that... but it was similar to holding back the sea. They would pass on eventually.

A matter of time.

That led him to wonder, what would happen to Kyoka after she died? They would become seperate. There was no equivalent.

That meant he'd have to make the most of his time...

"Captain! Something strange appeared on the deck!"

Sighing, he moved to Maccus, who pointed towards center. There, lay a clear bottle, with a bit of parchment or paper inside, protected from the elements by a cork. But it didn't arrive via the sea, if the tag attached didn't indicate that. It had his name, clearly addressed to him.

Carefully approaching it, he picked it up gingerly, before walking to his quarters. "Keep us on course. I will look over this... strange message in a bottle."

"Sir!" As the hammerheaded man continued to direct the crew, Izuku closed the door behind him. The green haired boy moved to the desk in the center, and sat on the chair. Despite its worn appearance, it was rather comfortable. Gripping the cork, he pulled on it, tearing it free. He chucked it behind him, uncaring. Shaking the bottle, he eventually got the message out, and began to read...

Hello Izuku Midoriya,

I am aware of your current dillema, and wish to aid you. I am well versed in curses, geshes, and the supernatural. Perhaps I could help you get the happy ending you desire.

If you are interested, meet me at 1 degree 57'32.0" North, 157 degrees 29'07.7" West.

This offer has no time limit attached, but it is in both of our interests if we meet soon.

Having read it over multiple times, he decided that it was worth a shot. If they were lying, or planning to use him in an unfavorable way, he'd just kill them.

But if it could... he'd hope this mysterious individual would help.