The New Quest

Having returned to Japan after the incident at sea, Shota Aizawa entered the room. He didn't like the situation at all. But... there was nothing to be done. Everyone was silent, as they listened for news. "Midoriya has been stubborn, but has finally given insight into the villain that 'saved' him. Minrou Mineta's funeral will take place later today. While you don't have to attend, it would show support to his family during this time." He had heard reports from the girls, and knew that they despised the boy. He was too lust addled to last in the industry, even if he had just begun to show the potential the raven haired teacher had seen at the introductory quirk assessment at the beginning of the year... sighing, he knew that it was a matter of time before he caught a sexual assault allegation, and be under the thumb of the HPSC. He might not have lasted that long, either... but he turned his attention back to his announcements. Which pertained specifically to two of his students. "Jirou, Shinsou, you are to go straight to Nezu's office. They wish to debrief you on what happened during the fight."

There were whisperings from the class, who knew why. Bakugo glared at them, but they had long since learned to ignore that bomb.

Shinsou replied with a simple "Ok...", while Jirou was completely silent. Syncronized, the two violettes both stood and left the room.

As they walked to Nezu's office, they each silently wondered what else could be asked that hadn't been asked before. They had been immediately debriefed by police, both international and domestic, about the pirate crew... to little success. 

"What do you think will happen?" Shinsou asked, confusion clear on his voice.

The other violette sighed as she absentmindedly twirled one of her jacks around her finger. "No clue. Could be anything, but I think we both know what it's about..."

At this point, they had arrived at the rat's office. The two large, dark wooden doors barred their entry, ominous gates to the demon that usually lay within.

"No time like the present." The girl said, and grabbed the handle on the right door. The other boy took the left, and they nodded before opening them together. Entering the room, they were met by Midoriya leaning on Nezu's desk, arms crossed. He was still wearing the pirate-like equipment, and his gaze was cold at first. He smiled at seeing them, but his eyes didn't really change.

Shinsou, on edge, and reacting to his lack of restraints, asked just as harshly as Izuku's initial glare. "Why are you here?!"

Raising his hands in a sign of surrender, he said, calmly, "Chill, I'm not here to attack anyone. Not intentionally. If I see any of our... 'classmates'... I may not be able to stop myself." Focusing on what he was trying to say, he summed up the task in one line: "Nezu has an assignment for you."
The violette boy asked, "And you're back, just like that?"
He shook his head, "Not quite..."
But then, Nezu announced his presence at this moment in time. Izuku moved, revealing the mammal on his chair. His paws were clasped together, and he nearly squeaked out. "You can chat later."
Jirou asked, with too many questions to really focus on, so decided on two in particular: "Sir, what assignment are you having us do, and why is Midoriya here?"
Nezu explained, "It's in relation to his current position. You are to help him find a valuable chest belonging to Davy Jones."
Jirou remembered Aizawa sensei saying that name before. "The captain of that ship?"
Izuku nodded, confirming that fact. "Yes. I was asked to find it and bring it to Aizawa. In return, I will negotiate my freedom from my deal with Jones."

"Your... deal?" Jirou asked, in disbelief. "What did you do, Izuku?!"

He looked out the side window, avoiding her gaze. "If I didn't make one, I... wouldn't be here. Then again, neither would he, so we're at an impasse, really. I asked for revenge on our class, and then in return for helping me achieve it, I would serve him as long as he likes. A raw deal, but one I made from desperation."

The violet haired girl approached him, and asked, quieter than before. "And this... chest... gives you the power to re-negotiate?"

He nodded, still looking outside. "Yes. He values it just as much as himself."

Accepting that, she remained silent as Hitoshi clearly highlighted the main issue the two of them could both see about this mission. "It could be anywhere in the world..."
But, to their surprise, Izuku said clearly: "Actually, it's here in Japan."

The other boy shook his head, "You know this... how?"

And Izuku explained candidly, "Because I was told by a crewmate on the Dutchman. They all believed I would be one of them anyway, so they told me the tale."

Jirou asked, "Why here, why Japan?"

Izuku acted as if he wasn't listening, but it answered the question nonetheless. "Stolen by a mortal man, and taken here. It's why he lingers, searching for it, even if he can't himself come to shore."

The two of them were ready to help. He was stuck in a terrible set of circumstances, so of course they'd assist. They wouldn't be able to call themselves heroes, if they didn't? "So... where do we start?"
Izuku smiled, "Where else but the library?"

With permission, the trio had arrived at the Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library, the largest collection in all of Japan, with the oldest records in their restricted viewing section. Perks of working for Nezu was full access. The owner themselves led them into the area, and left them to it. A collection of everything they could hope for. In awe... Hitoshi asked, "So, you're looking for 17th century records of unusual cargo... could we get a description?"
Izuku nodded, "A smallish chest, carried in both hands, valued over their own lives. That kind of thing."

Collecting everything related to the era was time consuming, and eventually, they had three main piles. The owner of the building gestured to them, "Here are all the records from the 17th century. You'll need some time to sift through them..."
"Understood." Izuku thought for a moment, before dividing them into three groups. Turning, he delegated relevant sections: "Jirou, here is the late 17th century, from 1680 onward. Shinsou, here is 1641 to 1680. I'll look through the early years."

It took at least 2 hours before Shinsou found something, "Found something."

"What is it?" the greenette asked, eager to hear more. 

The violet haired boy spared no details. "1642. A sailor arrived amongst the flotsam of the HMS Dauntless, clutching a chest. He refused to give it up, and paid the port tax by selling his coat and hat..."

Sighing with relief, the undead boy smiled, "So it did arrive in Japan... no wonder he couldn't come here..."
Hitoshi made a questioning noise: "Hm...?"
Meanwhile, Izuku asked Jirou, "Anything in relation to that same individual in later years?"
She stopped reading a litter intently. "Maybe...", before confirming that she did indeed find something, "1689. A letter from someone, no names, but mentions the chest."

Nodding, Izuku asked quietly, "Read it please."
Clearing her throat, the "I'm sorry I cannot return. I have stolen something, and can no longer travel, for it is too dangerous. I am sending this letter so its location may remain known, even if my fate is not. I took it the furthest out of his reach. A place he and his accursed crew would never look." She paused to take a breath, before continuing with the next section, "I hate the fact that I will never be able to gaze upon you again, but my actions protect you all the same. I wish nothing but the best..." Jirou's eyes reflected her thoughts, which she soon voiced, "That's tragic..."

Meanwhile, Izuku was more interested in the details than the emotions of the letter. "Hm... the tallest place here would be... Of course. The men of the sea would never think to look there... it's suicide to climb that peak unprepared..."
Hitoshi, meanwhile, wasn't following. "Where...?"
But Jirou was. "Fuji... right?"
He nodded, the greenette getting to his feet. Ready for action. "Exactly."