Seven: Eros' Den

It was Candy.

The scientist whose hands I had mutilated in my rage and desperation.

When I saw her face, I was suddenly reminded of the traumatic experience I had inside of the government lab as the two ruthless and crazed scientists cut me open and tried to remove my womb and take my babies.

"You're going to get them soon. Just a couple more days," the male reassured, turning his head to look at Candy.

"That bitch ruined my life! I want her dead, buried six feet deep with those mutts of hers after I cut out all their organs and skin them!" Candy cried, as if she were in a maniacal fit. "I'll tear that bitch's heart straight from her chest and make her mutts eat it. I'll fuck her up real good. Then, I'll cut her body up piece by piece and dig out her brain before I kill her abominations."

As Candy ranted on and on about the ways she'd wanted to torture and kill me, Eros had already crushed the doorknob and opened the door, not bothering to keep quiet because any noise he made was covered by the sound of rolling thunder.

By the time Candy noticed that there was a person standing behind her and the male next to her, it was already too late.

Eros had snapped the male's neck with the tip of his thumb and tossed the lifeless body away with a flick of his mighty wrist. Anger was rolling off his body in waves, most likely because of Candy's statements.

After that, he came for Candy, who screamed and tried to scramble back but tripped on the couch and fell on the carpeted floor. Both of her arms were useless so she had no way of getting herself back up or crawling away.

"Who the fuck are you?" Candy questioned, as if knowing who really mattered when death came knocking on her door. Her face was extremely pale and sweat was gathering on her brows.

Eros didn't answer immediately. He stepped closer to her fallen form and looked down at her from above. "I'm the mate of the woman whose heart you want to tear out and father of the 'mutts' whose fur you want to skin."

Candy's face lost all color. She shrieked and tried to scoot back but Eros grabbed her shirt and tugged her up to her feet.

"Should I start with skinning you or digging out your brain?" he asked nonchalantly, as if he were talking about what he'd eaten for dinner or how his day had gone.

"Please, please! I didn't mean it! I was just... I was just..." she begged, trying to force out crocodile tears with a pathetic wail, but the scent of her lie was bitter and smoky like burning rubber in Eros' nose.

From there, Eros lost his patience. He lifted her higher with one hand, while the other hand dug into her chest and pulled out her beating heart. The organ throbbed in his fist, sputtering blood from the aortas and veins. Eros tossed her heart to the ground and stomped on it, making sure to ground his heel several times in the fleshy chunk.

Candy didn't even have the time to struggle. Her green eyes were wide open as if she were still alive, probably because her brain hadn't caught up with the fact that her heart was missing. But after a couple of seconds, her breathing stopped and her head flopped to the side, dangling on her stiff shoulders.

Eros threw her body away and quickly left the house, scenting the air through the streams of light rain that came down. As it rained, the many scents that had covered the air started to disperse and become trapped in the water molecules. Once all the scents were washed away, it would be almost impossible for Eros to find whoever it was he was trying to look for.

After he had gotten a trail, Eros immediately ran forward. And as he ran, the rain pelted harder and harder, washing away all the debris on the road along with the slimy coat of Candy's blood on his hand. It trickled down Eros' face and had him completely soaked in a manner of minutes.