Eight: Shaving Service

After I tested out the toilet, the bidet, and the sink, Eros helped me out of the bathroom and sat me down on the bed in the main room of the cave.

When I turned my head to look out at the opening of the cave, I saw Rora and Granny Ada with a basket in her hand. From the sweet and delicious smell that was already starting to come my way, I knew that Granny Ada must have brought me something to eat, like how she always did.

"We've brought you some pie and zucchini cookies," Rora announced, rushing over to my side as Granny Ada slowly followed, smiling widely.

"My favorite!" I exclaimed, watching as Eros dragged a table out from the middle of nowhere and set a couple of chairs around it.

Granny Ada placed the basket on the table and opened the lid, and the scent of delicious desserts immediately filled the cave. My mouth suddenly filled up with saliva, regardless of the fact that I'd eaten a very big meal before Eros and I had even gotten into the car with Gamma Sergio.

Just the knowledge of how I'd turned into a black hole these last couple of months made me realize that I was going to have to work a lot of this weight off after the pregnancy. Albeit this weight gain was good for the babies, it was bad for me.

"How have you been feeling?" Granny Ada asked, watching me waddle over to the table and take a seat with utmost difficulty.

"Fairly good," I replied, taking a bite of the zucchini cookie.

Rora and Granny Ada took a seat as Eros left the cave, probably to go get the rest of the items out from the car and talk to Gamma Sergio, who had stayed outside of the cave the entire time. I wondered if Gamma Sergio was prohibited from entering the cave because he was a male whose scent could cause Eros' instincts to go haywire, thinking that there was an intruder. I wasn't too sure, but that was my best guess.

"Try the pie, it's delicious," Rora encouraged, picking up a cookie and munching on it.

"I know it is. Granny Ada always makes the best food. I don't know what I would do without you, granny," I said, turning to Granny Ada and giving her a wide, appreciative smile. "Thank you."

Granny Ada smiled until her eyes crinkled into little crescents. "I'd cook for you any day, Emi."

"Just a little farther. Then, we'll go right back to the den," Eros said, holding my hand as I waddled alongside him. This would have been a beautiful image if it weren't for my enormous feet and gigantic belly.

I was hot like hell, sweating cats and dogs, and quickly running out of energy.

Though the idea of long walks in the sunset with Eros was supposed to be romantic and all, in actuality, it was rather arduous and painful because I was carrying three large watermelons on my belly as I walked. Every step I took was beyond tiring, and I was panting for breath like a water buffalo crossing a river. And we hadn't even been walking for ten minutes!

If walking a lot wasn't good for delivery, I wouldn't have let Eros persuade me into getting off my butt and on my feet.

I sighed under my breath and clutched on to Eros' arm like he was my lifeline while trying to keep myself from whining or protesting because of how much my feet ached.

"Eros?" I called.

"Hm?" Eros turned his head to look at me, casting a shadow over my face from the orange sun in the distance.

"What are we going to name the babies?" I asked. "I haven't come up with any names yet..."

"I've come up with some. What do you think of Roy?" he suggested.