Two : Bathroom Break

"That's very normal. Sleeping is actually a very good thing!" Trinh said.

Not all the time, I thought to myself after giving Eros a glance from the corner of my eye.

"Do you want to do the ultrasound today?" Trinh asked as she checked my vitals and carefully documented it onto her computer.

This was probably the second or third time that she's asked me this question now.

Since I didn't want to know how many babies are in there, I kind of waved off on this procedure when I was told that Eros would be able to scent if anything was wrong during the pregnancy anyway. 

Not getting an ultrasound made me less anxious and scared because just the thought of four to eight babies coming out of me was enough to make me emotionally distressed.

If I were to know the exact number, I might explode.

But now that I thought about it, Eros might want to see what they looked like, all stuffed inside of me like stuffing in a turkey, so I said, "Yes, but I don't want to see it. Can you show it to Eros only?"

Eros coughed, and I had to send him a look because I knew that he heard the comment I made about the stuffing.

"That is completely fine. I don't want you any more stressed than you already are," she reassured with a smile before she started preparing her equipment. "I'll have you lay back for me."

"Okay," I replied as Eros helped me to lay back onto the examination table. And almost immediately, I started to feel the weight of my belly on the rest of my organs. And I tell you, it was not a comfortable feeling.

The air almost left my lungs when the pressure of my belly fully settled.

Nowadays, I really hated lying down because it was damn hard to get back up.

If I didn't have Eros to help me up every morning, I bet I would be just like the bugs that get on their backs and couldn't flip themselves back over. 

I felt bad for those bugs now.

"I hope you're not annoyed that I keep asking you about the ultrasound. I actually just wanted to be on the safe side," Trinh explained as she helped me lift my shirt to reveal my swollen belly that covered a big portion of my view ever since I laid down.

The world definitely gets smaller whenever I lay back.

"I totally understand. I know that you only want what's best for me," I replied with a small smile on my lips. 

Trinh smiled back and started to spread this clear gel onto my belly. The gel wasn't cold since she kept it in a warmer of some sorts next to the ultrasound machine.

After that, she picked up the handheld device hooked to the machine and pressed it against my belly with just enough pressure that it didn't hurt.

It was a rather strange feeling if you asked me.

I'd only seen this in movies, but seeing and experiencing something was two completely different things.

"Alpha Eros, you can come closer if you'd like," Trinh stated when Eros stepped a bit closer to see the replicated image on the screen.

I almost turned to look at him but had to keep my head in place and look at the ceiling in case I caught a glimpse of the image on the screen. 

I wasn't ready to know the numbers.

And I bet I was going to regret not looking later on in the future, but I was content with how things were right now. 

Sometimes, it's a blessing not to know everything.