Chapter 11

Cameron's Pov

I'm so 'happy' it's the weekend, just the thought of seeing North in school makes me anxious. I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling, the more I look at it the more the ceiling morphs into an astronaut floating in space bouncing off of stars, moons and planets. That's kind of how I feel right now, can't settle anywhere, not wanted, alone but I have to keep moving even if I don't want to. Ughhh why? Out of all the schools she could have gone why here?

"Earth to Cam" Jane said snapping me out of my thought.

"Whaaaaat?" I whined looking at her.

"Damn, You look like shit" She laughed.

"Thanks, Will that be all?" I asked sarcastically.

"If you think we're gonna let you lay in your own filth the entire weekend then you're wrong" She smiled tilting her head.

"What filth? I took a shower last night" I looked at her.

"Which was almost 24 hours ago" She retorted.

"Who actually showers everyday?" I smiled.

"You, before getting  your heart broken by someone you're not in a relationship with" She answered folding her arms.

"A wise woman once said 'Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future' so" I grinned.

"Let me guess, The Fairy God Mother from Descendants?" She raised an eyebrow.

" I don't know what you're talking about" I held in my smile.

"Yeah sure, get up or else" She said.

"Or else what?" I asked.

"Just know that if you're not in the shower in the next five minutes something definitely will happen" She said walking out of the room.

"Whatever" I said closing my eyes.

*Ten minutes later *

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" I shouted as ice cold water touched every part of my body.

"Its been ten minutes " She said smirking.

"F-fuck you" I started trembling.

"Ew you're not my type, now get up" She threw my towel at me.

"Fine" I said as I got up and walked to the bathroom.

___

"Well look who decided to grace us with their presence" Adam said.

"Shut up bottom" I rolled my eyes and walk over to the couch.

"That I am, thanks for stating the obvious" He chuckled.

"JANE" He shouted.

"What?" She answered.

"She's here, you can stop boiling water now" He said.

"Wait what?" I looked at him.

"Oh yeah she was going to throw hot water on you if didn't" He smiled.

"Yep, if cold water didn't work then hot water would" She grinned as she sat down beside me.

"You guys have to be kidding" I looked at both of them.

"Nope" They said in Unison.

" Well I guess I would've been suing for a lot of money" I smirked.

"Look at that, you got back your sense of humour, Congrats" Jane said.

"Yeah, we were scared that the only reason we liked you was gone, good thing it's not" Adam joined in.

"Cunts, All of you" I chuckled.

___

"Why did you do that?" North said.
I tried to speak but I felt like I had a lump in my throat, I knew what I wanted to say I just couldn't say it, I look into her eyes and saw the little hope she had in me start to leave. I started trying harder to speak but I physically couldn't. I felt all the Veins on my forehead surface, that's how hard I was trying to answer her. She stood there waiting for me to react but she got nothing.

"CAMERON!"

"CAMERON!"
Come on focus, I don't know how but I will break out of whatever mental hold this is. Come on Cameron, She's right here, She's waiting hurry up.

"ANSWER ME" She shouted.
I still couldn't respond. Tears started coming to her eyes, All I wanted to do in that moment was wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight and not let her go but I couldn't move either. She started to walk away, I still tried to fight it but I still couldn't move, I was stuck watching someone I keep close to me walk away and I couldn't do anything about it. I kept hearing my inside voice shouting "NOOOOO, FUCKK, COME ONNNN", but she couldn't hear m-

"Cam, Cam you good?" I woke up to Jane shaking me.

"Y-yeah, it was just a nightmare" I exhaled.

"Must have been pretty bad, you're covered in sweat dude" She said.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked.

"Not really" I turned over.

"You sure?" She asked trying to making sure I was.

"Yeah I'm sure" I answered.

" No prob, I'm not gonna push" She said as she went back to sleep.

I couldn't go back to sleep, couldn't stop thinking about that dream. All dreams have meanings right? What would that mean? I couldn't talk, I couldn't move, all I could do was watch her walk out of my life. I really hope it doesn't mean anything bad. Who am I kidding? I can't catch a break. She probably won't speak to me again not after what happened with Coley. Atleast I would still get to see her in school,only in school. I'm so sad right now I can't even stay mad at Coley, All I could think about is not talking to North again. Not seeing her smile that lights up the room, Not smelling her perfume when she's really close to me, Not feeling her so soft hand when we're holding hands on our way to Art Class, Not staring into her eyes making her look away because she can't handle strong eye contact,Not hearing her contagious laughter and not sitting in silence together because we're so comfortable in each other's presence there's no need to speak.

"Hey, Why are you still up? Go to sleep" She closed her eyes.

"Yeah, In a minute" I continued to stare at the ceiling feeling like an astronaut. Just floating. No stopping. All alone.