What to do now

Back at the city, you, Bucky and Sam are chatting, well mostly you and Sam about what just happened in the warehouse.

"The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli. But so far, they've only found her followers. They've searched this camp, and just like the last camp, nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her." Sam in frustration groaned.

"Hey! You got your, uh, you got your sleeve back!" Torres in a happy tone greets as you three are still sore and aching. You hold your left side, where you could feel a bruising coming along.

Bucky out of nowhere leaves the room but you weren't going to settle for that. "Are you off to take care of Zemo?" You questioned Bucky in a sarcastic manner.

Without answering, Bucky just turns around and gives you a glare. You shake your head, frustrated. You turned to Sam, wanting him to do something. Sam gave you the look to let it go.

"All right, good to know you survived!" Torres joked.

"What's our next steps, Torres?" You asked, leaning on the desk as you held your left side.

"Captain America killing a foreign national in public, it's kind of like a big deal. Like- Like, International Incident big. Folks, uh... Higher up on the payroll are all over it now, so unfortunately..."

"They're taking jurisdiction." Sam caught on, leaning on the desk next to you. You cross your arms.

"Yeah. What happened to these?" Torres picks up the duffle bag that had Sam's broken wings.

"So, is there anything we can do?" You sighed out, hoping Torres would give you and Sam something.

"Not really. As you can see, they've cordoned off the whole camp, and Karli's a ghost. After what went down, she is laying extra low. Like, under-underground." Torres explained.

"And that's why it makes sense for us to get involved. The longer we let her regroup, the harder it's gonna be to find her." Sam added.

"She's got people helping her from all over the world, on all platforms. She's really, really good at this thing." Torres chuckled nervously.

Torres glanced down at the wings, "How'd these break?" Knowing he wasn't going to get  an answer, Torres continued, "Anyway, all we can do now is sit tight and just chill. Sometimes, there's nothing to do until there's something to do."

"That's bizarrely wise." You raise an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm a bizarrely wise man, Y/N." Torres flirted. You blushed.

"Yeah, alright. Thank's, Torres." Sam knocked Torres out of it. "Come on." Sam motions for you two to leave the warehouse.

"For sure. Wait, yo, you forgot the wings!" Torres grabs Sam and yours attention as you were walking out.

"Keep 'em." Sam annoyingly turned his head back.

You winced at your rib cage. You lifted up your shirt and revealed a bruise as big as the size of a basketball. "Man, Walker really got us, huh." You chuckled lightly, rubbing your index finger on the bruise.

"Man, you alright?" Sam leaned on his knees to examine it more closely.

"Yeah, this?" You scoffed, "This is nothing." You pulled back down your shirt but couldn't help but wince again.

"Y/N, this isn't nothing." Sam scoffed.

"Look, don't worry about me. What do you think Bucky went to do?" You turned back, narrowing your eyes at the direction he went.

"Don't know, hopefully nothing too stupid." Sam sighed out. You nodded, hoping Sam was right.

"What am I going to do?" You questioned Sam, lost and shaking your head.

"Why don't you tell him how you really feel, start with that." Sam informed you.

"No time seems like the perfect time, Sam. He's either mad at me for putting myself in danger or he's mad at you for whatever stupid thing you do that gets him angry." You scoffed.

"Hey, first of all. Ouch. Second of all, him being mad at you for putting yourself in danger means that he cares about you. I have never seen him this over protective of someone until you waltzed into his life. Y/N, you need to tell him how you feel or you two will continue to drift apart." Sam explains to you.

You nodded. "Yeah, I guess you are right." You shrugged.

"I'm always right. Now, come on. I need you to come with me."

"Now I know why Bucky gets so irritated with you." You joked.