Gardening - Pietro

a/n: I am so so sorry i haven't been active, just a lot of family issues going on. anyways, THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH FOR 1.1k READS.

description: your dad, pietro, and you have this beautiful garden in the backyard of the compound. you have so much fun taking care of it, while bonding with your dad. you are 14-15 in this story.

POV of y/n

I woke up quite early this morning, nothing special was happening. I got on some pants and a sweater. I went down to the kitchen around 5:30. At the bar of the kitchen I saw Steve sitting there, drinking some orange juice.

" Morning Steve. What are you doing up so early?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing y/n." he answered, and then poured me a glass of orange juice. 

"Thanks," I took a sip, "it's quite quiet here early in the morning."

"Yeah, Sam is out for a run, and everyone else is asleep, but us." he laughed. 

"okay," I said, then proceeded to just just blankly stare into space. 

2 minutes later

"Penny for your thoughts?" Sam asked me.

"Let's see the cash first," I joked, "nothing really, I think i'm gonna head out to the garden, do you want to join me?"

"No thanks, I think I'm going to catch up to Sam," he said, getting up.

"Won't you give him a headstart?" I laughed, as he went out the door, and I got up to go the kitchen.

Before I headed out to the garden I wanted to grab some tea. I put on the kettle and went to the tea cupboard.

I finally picked a peppermint tea ( or whatever tea is your favourite + add ins ). I picked one of our designated mugs, blue with white dots. I poured my tea and headed outside. 

I opened the gate to the garden and walked in. I sat in one of the wooded rocking chairs. 

I admired the sight around me, a garden lush with beautiful plants. Sunflowers, Tomatoes, Herbs, Verbenas, Huge Trees, and so much more.  I breathed in the fresh air, it was so refreshing and gentle in my lungs.

A couple more minutes into my relaxation, I heard 'whooshes' and saw blue surrounding me.

" Papa, I know that's you," I sighed.

"What gave it away?" he joked.

I patted the seat next to me, and he came and sat down. 

"So what is on the sched' for today?" he questioned.

"Nothing much, I have to teach Bucky to do something on his computer, Aunt Wanda wants to spend some time with me, and of course we have some gardening to do." I answered.

" Of course," he continued, "we both aren't busy now."

"True, can you grab the hose please and gloves please, there are some weeds." I explained.

He went and got both of those things and we got to work. 

First we weeded, it wasn't the most enjoyable task, but it's one of them. Then my dad grabbed the hose and started it watering all the plants, and then he watered me.

"AHHHH, OH MY GOD DAD, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" I started chasing him around the enclosed garden with another hose.

When we had gotten absolutely soaked, he dropped his hose and put his arms up in surrender. I complied into his selfless act and put down mine as well. While the hose finally hit the ground, he picked his up and ran over to me and drenched me before I could pick up mine.

"Cheater!" I yelled, "That is not fair!" I tried to spray him with my hose but he had turned it to the mist setting. I started to open the gate and head back to the compound. "I DON'T PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY FAIR!" I yelled behind me.

He caught up in less than a second, "It's just a little fun and games y/n."

I rolled my eyes as we finally walked through the door.

a/n: Thanks so much for reading, and being so patient with me. lots of love, stay safe <3.