Chapter 9

After 25 days in Paris, Yes! 25 days! Today was our last day, but not only my last day here in Paris but also my last day staying with Caspar and Joe. We were leaving the hotel at 10am and the plane was set to depart at 13:00. I opened my eyes, i looked beside me, Caspar was in my bed... Wait, what? I tried to recall what happened after we went into the taxi but i can't remember. I look up at the cieling, suddenly my alarm starts ringing.
"Ughh... Turn that off" Connor groans throwing a pillow at me but it goes directly to Caspar's face.
"Oww" he shouts.
"Who the hell was that?" Connor says opening his eyes and looking at my bed. "Caspar? I thought you went back to your room last night"
"I fell asleep, i can't even remember when we finished talking" he growls putting his head under the covers.
"Can someone tell me why the hell i can't remember anything since i got into the taxi?" I ask getting up, realizing i was still wearing last nights clothes.
"You fell asleep stupid we had to carry you in and then me and Connor started talking about stuff" Caspar says pulling me back into the bed, "Please don't get up, it's too early, i'm tired" he puts his arm around me not letting me go.
"What time did you guys go to sleep" i ask trying to get out of his grip.
"The last time i checked my phone last night i think it was four something" Connor says getting up from his bed.
"And what the hell did you guys talk about?" I ask still trying to get out of his grip.
Connor smiles weirdly (I couldn't identify this kind of smile) at Caspar.
"Nothing" Caspar says timidly.
"Caspar what is up with you?" I say finally crawling out of his grip.
"Nothing" he says getting up, "I'm going back to my room, bye."
"What was that about?" i ask opening my suitcase.
"Nothing, you know Caspar, just being his weird self"
"Yeah, must be that" i say, but i know Caspar and that wasn't his usual behavior with me, that was obvious. I was going to find out, if it wasn't thanks to Caspar it would be thanks to Connor, i always take things out of him.
"D'you know Joe filmed how we brought you in when you were asleep" Connor says laughing.
"No he didn't" i say, "God i hate that you vlog we you don't have to"
"In reality you love it and you know it"
Just as im about to head into the bathroom i hear a knock on the door. I run over and open the door.
"Hey, has Joe been here since i left? He's not in the room and i've looked in the lobby too, but he isn't there either" Caspar says, Tyler and Troye behind him. That's when i start to worry, i quickly take a jaket that's hagging on the door, it's not till i put it on i realise it's connor's. "I have your jacket" i tell connor, he nods and follows me out.
"You've tried calling him, right?" Connor says standing next to Troye. "5 times already, it says the phone is ocuppied or out of service"
A worried expresion washes over my face, where could he be? Where could he go? A tear falls down my cheek. Caspar takes my hand, "Don't worry Em, i'm sure he's fine, it's joe after all" I go into his arms hugging him. Even though it makes me feel better it makes me feel too safe which makes me cry even more. We walk around the hotel, which is huge, we walk into the diner, we ask the hotel staff we see but Joe is nowhere to be seen. Tears are falling down my cheek now, i take my phone out and call Joe one last time. If he didn't pick up i was calling Alfie, not Zoe, she'd get to worried. I call...
"Sorry the number your trying to reach is either occupied or out of service, please try again later." I take a large breath trying to stop the sobs and i dial Alfie's number. Caspar, Connor, Troye and Tyler are all a few steps infront of me waiting to see the security footage the hotel kindly offered to show us.
"Hey little Sugg? How you doing?" Alfie says cheerfully on the other side of the line.
"Alfie" i say a sob taking over the silence.
"Emily what's wrong?" Even though i can't see him, i can tell that his smile had been washed away.
"It's Joe" i cry, it's too hard to talk, i run and pass the phone to Caspar, i don't want to worry Alfie. "It's Alfie" i whisper.
I can feel two hands around my body, i look back Connor holds me tight. "I'm really worried Con" i cry into his jacket. "I'm sure he's fine Emily he probably just went outside to take a walk and he walked to much without realizing." I try to believe what Connor tells me but every fiber in my body tells me that's not the truth.
"Yes, ahaa, no, we're going to watch the security footage to see if we can see him, no, yes, of corse, she's hanging there... Ahaa... If we don't find him we'll call the police... I know it's two hours but i don't think you'll have to get a plane... Yes... Bye Alfie, ahaa..., Yes, I'll tell you if anything happens" Caspar hangs up and passes me the phone. "You really scared him Emily, i'm sure joe's fine, he probably got lost or something and he's got no service.
"Excuse moi, le film est ici" the hotel security man says. We all stare at the screen, waiting for Joe to appear in some image. "There!" I say pointing at the small right square with Joe walking through the hall. The man clicks the screen and it takes up all the screen now. "This was at 5:46am Caspar, it's 12 am" I cry falling on the floor, my throat is closing up and i can't breath, not this now, Caspar goes on his knees in front of me. "What can i do?" He says holding me in his arms, when i see Caspar shed a tear i know this is serious. "Emily breathe in, breathe out, breath in, breath out" Connor says sitting beside me holding my hand. After a good ten minutes we're all calmer and we've all had a little time to think. I get up and head to the the desk. "Excuse moi, vous pouvez telephone a la polize?" I try to say in french. "Oui" he says. We are sat down when the police walk in, out of all of us my little french is the most we know so i have to talk. "Police, ma frere c'est desaparece depuis les cinq heur" i try to explain to him. From what he answers me i understand that it has to be 24 hours to start a missing persons report, 16 hours in the case of a tourist, he said that we'd have to contact the police then, but just as they were about to leave, my phone started ringing, it was Joe.
"Joe" i cry into the phone.
"Emily, i need help, i can't move"

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Soo guys?? Did you like the chapter?? Haha if you did make sure you vote if you want to find out what happened to Joe... Haha well thanks again for reading every chapter every time i upload, it really means a lot to me really. We're near the 2,6K views!! Haha i'd never had so many views in a fan fiction! Love you, have a great week 💚
Oh and ps. Sorry for my really bad french 😂 I don't know how to talk french well.