one.

E P I S O D E  0 1 [√]p a g e  o n e :  D A N D E L I O N S

E P I S O D E 0 1 [√]
p a g e  o n e :  D A N D E L I O N S

❝ i'm courting yuzuha. ❞

WHEN THOSE WORDS left his mouth, takemichi felt the world stop for a second. he expected this. but he never knew what it'll feel when he finally gets to hear it. he only imagined it — when the boy finally told him that there's something going on between him and his long time crush.

"wait — really??" the blond acted, hiding his jealousy and broken heart behind a surprised face, "that's good man!" he smacked the boy's back brotherly, "are you just starting? or planning to?"

he doesn't if he should keep his mouth or keep talking. but whenever he says another word, his heart just cracks up. but at the same time, a part of him wants to keep talking for he doesn't want to look suspicious in front of his best friend.

"i'm starting tomorrow. since we're just starting, i'll begin with giving her the basics." mitsuya chuckles. anyone who'd see him would know that he's totally thinking of a certain long blonde haired girl with pretty bright eyes.

yeah, takemichi's imagining mitsuya and yuzuha in his head while the song heather blasts off his earphones, going straight to his head being the background theme music of his infamous one sided love. how romantic.

with the sudden quietness, mitsuya glanced from his homework and up to the blond, tilting his head to the side slightly, "what's wrong?"

the blond flinched, snapping back to reality from his daydream, "oh nothing. just a little surprised that you're a grown up now." a laugh escaped him when the other made a face, shaking his head as he went back to doing their homework.

or am i? am i really surprised that he's a grown up now? that he's courting someone now? that he's actually having a serious crush on someone?

and that someone...is not me?

⟚⟚⟚

yamagishi took a big bite of his burger, "like a said dude, no chance."

"i know that! you don't have to rub it on my face." takemichis whines, circling the straw around his smoothie, "i just wished i was her. ya know? like i wanna feel adored too."

"you are adored! by me! am i not good enough?" yamagishi points to himself exaggeratedly, which made the other roll his eyes, "c'mon takemichi. give up so you won't get hurt."

"i am already." the blond sighs, turning his eyes away to another direction, and spotted something — someone that instant, "no way...yamagishi, look."

he pointed at the other side of the road; where he spotted mitsuya and yuzuha about to enter a manga bookstore.

and man he never felt so jealous, "wished that was you, huh?"

yamagishi side eyed the blond, and afterwards he sighed, "michi, if he wants to, he would. he wants to court her, he did! and you can't do anything about, understand?"

"the only thing you can do is...let go."

the blond didn't take his eyes off the store despite the two already inside and nowhere to be seen. he thought about what the latter said.

obviously, letting go is something hard to do. you'll leave it behind and move forward without it. but memories will stay.

but this one's different. he wants to move forward and without the memories too. 

"that's kinda cliché." yamagishi grimaced at his own sentimental statement, face scrunching and grimacing, "yeah forget about it. no — what i mean is let go, man. cry about it, regret having a crush on someone who doesn't like you back, be sad about it. so you can move on quickly if you want to so badly."

he wants to. so badly. but a part of him refused to. his heart, maybe, refused to.

"you know, atsushi, takuya, makoto — we have been watching you. you seemed like you were in a field of dandelions...wishing on every one that he was yours."

i've heard that before. but he can't remember what or where from. was it a song?

yamagishi slams a hand on the table, "it's from a song, dude! dandelions! by ruth b! you know what — fuck it!" he sighed exasperatedly and munched down his burger whole, "that some cliché shit but thanks for acknowledging."

takemichi huffs out a laugh, but his gaze went back again outside the window as he saw mitsuya and yuzuha walk out the bookstore, the girl excitedly holding out a manga with sparkles filled eyes. while mitsuya stared at her full of love and adoration.

the blond softly but unconsciously nodded his head, absentmindedly muttering to himself,

"yeah. i kinda wished that was me."

🛫 © souyia