Chapter 5

"George!" I laughed, waving him over. I never waved him over, but today, I was excited. I think I stunned him with my excitement too. The moment he climbed out of the car, I started jumping up and down and yelping his name.

"What is it, Marlowe?" he laughed back after recovering from his temporary shock. He ran over and looked at me in my eyes that I'm sure were glowing.

"The kids! They liked it! Most of them were interested in the book already but when I explained the project, some of them looked about ready to jump out of their seats!" I gushed, unable to control the burning urge to tell someone about this all day.

"I have good news too, we finally released my friend's and mine new merch line!" George grinned at me, "But I'm happy to hear that, I'm proud of you."

"Thank you," I gave a genuine smile to George. Only then did it register what he said, "Wait you released new merchandise?

"Yep! I think we sold out within the hour, I'm not sure though..."

"That's really a shame, I was thinking of buying it," I looked to the side in defeat for a little bit, "I wanted to thank you for helping me with the kids."

George's eyes widened at my words, "No! No need, I was just helping out, I require no payment for my services," He held up his hands. I glared at him, and slapped those hands away, "No, I owe you Mr. George and I'll find out how."

"You don't owe me anything. In fact, I owed you. For the jacket, remember?" He brought it up, and I let out a little huff when I realized he was right. He laughed when he saw that I was beat.

"Actually, if I remember correctly, that is your jacket and not mine." I tried defending, referencing the joke I made previously about it. George simply shrugged and took off his own hoodie, leaving me confused. I was about to protest the cold again, when I found the baby blue clothing shoved into my hands.

'Why are you g-'' I began but the brunette man cut me off. "That's my new merch, it's yours now." He panted slightly. I stared at him incredulously before laughing in disbelief.

"No I can't possibly-"

"Take it Marlowe. Because I'm not taking it back. So you either wear it or throw it down the drain. All that hard work in making that material will be gone if you don't keep it so..." He taunted and I grit my teeth, shooting him the worst look I can give. But he wasn't fazed, and simply went back to gazing at the horizon. I didn't like how quickly our roles had reversed in this situation.

So I took my sweater off and put on the hoodie, snuggling into the warm feel of it. Simply put, it was as if I was wearing a light blue hug. "Thank you," I whispered out, burying my face and hands.

"For what?' he asked.

"For this ." I flatly responded, swaying a bit to the waves.

"Why are you thanking me for something you already have?" he asked lightly and my mouth hung open as I realized he pulled the same stunt as I had previously,

"You sly bastard." I shook my head disapprovingly at him before scooting closer and humming with the wind.

I went home that night and slept in that hoodie. I didn't want to leave the comfort of having something to hug you constantly. And in a way, it was also a reminder that George would be there the next night.