Chapter 7

I put the hoodie on again in my 3rd-period class because one, I didn't care anymore. Who cares what kids said, George was my friend and I should make use of anything he gives me. And two, it was really fucking cold, pardon my language.

After 3rd period it was lunch for these guys so I managed to catch wind of a couple of conversations they had while heading out. And of course, when I heard a "Did you hear what happened with Dream and George?" I had to ask, "What happened?"

The girls who were talking jumped up in surprise and stuttered, "Nothing we were just talking about-"

'The man whose hoodie I'm wearing, yes? I heard your guys' conversations. What happened between them?" I asked nonchalantly, pretending to grab spare books from the back. The girls looked at each other before explaining.

"Well it's nothing really, they always have a bit where they uh... they flirt with each other. And last night it looked like Dream was actually kinda pissed and George was being weird. So I don't know but all the DNF shippers are going crazy." She concluded while her face went extremely red. "Please don't ask what DNF is."

"I wasn't going to, but thank you, girls. You can go to lunch, I was just curious," I turned to continue my spare book organizing. Once all the kids filed out, I was left alone with my thoughts. DNF must be the result of the flirting, a ship name perhaps. DreamNotFound maybe?

I just hoped everything went well with Clay.

So of course before I even greeted George, I went up to his car that night and immediately asked, "What happened?"

He hadn't even stepped down and I was right outside his door. He rolled down his window and let out a sigh, "Marlowe you have to get out of the way in order for me to tell you."

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Marlowe."

"Sorry, sorry..." I grumbled and pulled out the door for him. He smiled as I did and climbed out, feeling significantly better than yesterday. At least as far as I could see. I remained as patient as I could until he walked out with me to the railing (agonizingly slow may I add) and turned towards my awaiting face.

"It's a nice night today isn't it?"

"Good lord George, if you don't tell me right now, I'm jumping off this cliff damn it!" I threatened, pointing down to the jagged end in front of us.

"Sorry, I'm just basking in the feeling of how it is to be the one that is needed. You know how I pestered you when we first met? It feels nice to be the one pestered." He smugly said, leaning his frame against that railing.

"Oh I'll pester you alight-" And the moment I stepped forward, as to hit him or something, he backed away and shook his head rapidly. "Sorry, sorry, I'll tell you!"

"Good. You fucking British bastard." I ended up hitting him on the arm anyway.

"Okay beach bitch, here's how it went." George glared playfully at me, "I went home last night and I expected Clay to be asleep. Nick was already flat out-"

"Nick?" I asked, not recognizing the name.

George nodded but dismissed it with a wave, "Another friend I stream with, doesn't matter, no more interruptions."

"Oh-"

"Anyways, I came home as quietly as possible but I sort of froze when I saw the living room lights were still on. So I was continuing to sneak inside into my room but that's when I saw Clay on the couch. He was really still, rocking back and forth and staring into the distance. He looked a bit insane and I was concerned. When I took another step, it got his attention and I didn't know what else to do but just stand there.