Lilith X F!Reader [Failed Mission]

(27/08/2021)

( 995 words)

Requested by:

Kenmaxa

Third Person POV

Failure, complete and utter failure. the mission (Y/n) had been assigned to, finding a new source of palistrom wood, was a bust. She had searched every uncharted area that Belos would allow her to, and she didn't even find a splinter of palistrom wood.

(Y/n) had spent over a week searching, the longer she was gone the more desperate she was to find some. She was eventually called back by kikimora on behalf of Belos, she knew if she didn't come back with any after all the time wasted she would be in big trouble.

She landed in front of the castle, jumping off her staff and putting it into magical storage. She walked into the castle and towards the Emperor's room, removing clear bits of dirt from her hair and uniform.

Standing in front of the giant closed door of the 'throne room' the heartbeat of (Y/n) rose, she was not ready to face Belos. She opened the door, walking inside making sure the door closed behind her, she then walked closer to the Emperor, kneeling down in front of him.

"Ah I see you've returned from your mission (Y/n)" Emperor Belos' voice boomed, sounding as if he was everywhere in the room. "Kikimora said it was quite a hassle getting in contact with you"

"I'm sorry sir, I had traveled quite far so the connection to my communication device was hard to find without using an immense amount of magic" (Y/n) explained, looking up at the terrifying man.

"I take it that the long absence means you bring back good news" he asked, (Y/n) turned her head down, looking at the floor.

"That's the thing sir, I didn't find a single trace of palistrom wood sir" She looked back up at the Emperor. "But if you allow me to-"

"No, I will not let you waste anymore time" His hand had slammed into the arm rest, black goo leaking from where he had made contact. "With the day of unity approaching i need you here"

"Of course Emperor Belos, I will do as you say" She stood up from the floor, giving a small bow to the emperor before leaving the room. As the door behind her closed she let out a sigh, she was on thin ice and she knew it.

"Good to see you again ma'am" A guard had said, bringing (Y/n) out of her thoughts.

"Ah, hello Steve" She greeted, walking away from the door, Steve following behind her. "Did anything happen while I was gone?"

"Yes quite a lot ma'am" He said. "Lilith finally caught the owl lady and thus a petrification ceremony was set. But the ceremony ended shortly, as the human and Lilith worked together to save the owl lady's life"

"Oh Lilith" (Y/n) whispered under her breath. She had known Lilith since she joined the coven, becoming best friends throughout the rough training they had to go through. And she knew how much Eda, her sister, meant to her, and as a result (Y/n) never tried to pursue a relationship, knowing that Lilith was focused on finding her cure for her sister. "Sorry go on Steve"

"We acquired the portal but it's broken, so we're rebuilding it" Steve continued, ignoring what his higherup had said. "However Belos said we need a key to open it, one of which we don't have"

"Wow would you look at the time Steve, I've got to go" She said, looking at her wrist, yet there wasn't a watch, she just wanted to leave, she wanted to look for Lilith. "Bye!"

"Goodbye?" Steve said, confused by the behavior of (Y/n), watching as she ran off to the exit.

When (Y/n) got outside she took out her palisman from magical storage, hopping onto it and flying off, away from the emperor's castle. She didn't care what would happen between her and the coven after this, she knew she would feel more at home with Lilith, even if she never returned the feelings.

"If i were Lilith where would i be right now" She said out loud to herself, however the only place she could think of was the castle. "ok where would Lilith hide now that she's a criminal"

Eda. She thought, making a turn flying directly towards the owl house now. If she's not with Eda she should at least know where she is.

(Y/n) had been a part of the few failed attempts of the raids on the owl house, the house demon always proving to be great security against the guards. She landed a bit off the house, not wanting to be taken down while airborne.

She once again put away her staff into the magical storage, taking a few steps towards the house only to be stopped immediately by the house demon snaking around her body.

"Hello!" The house demon yelled out, bringing (Y/n) into the house. "I've caught a friend, hoot hoot!"

"Eda Hooty brought in one of the emperor's guards!" The human, Luz, yelled out for Eda.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" Eda's voice could be heard, footsteps got closer until she was looking at (Y/n). "What are you doing here, are you spying on us"

"No no, you've got it all wrong, I'm looking for-"

"Sister, what is all this commotion?" Lilith asked her sister, unknowingly interrupting (Y/n), and as she saw what was going on, her face was a look of surprise. "(Y/n)?"

"Lilith!" Hooty had let (Y/n) go, allowing her to hug Lilith. "I've missed you"

"It's good to see you too" She said, hugging back before letting go. "But what are you doing here, If the emperor finds out you'll be a criminal alongside us"

"That's okay, because I realized something, I only stayed in the coven because you were there, Lilith I..." (Y/n) Started explaining, looking nervous. she took ahold of Lilith's hands, looking into her eyes. "Lilith I'm in love with you"

"I.. I love you too (Y/n)" Lilith said, pulling (Y/n) into a kiss.