e l e v e n

n e m e s i s

"I just wanna look good for you, good for you, oh, oh. Baby let me be good to you, good to you, oh, oh. Let me show you how proud I am to be yours, leave this dress a mess on the floor."

. . .

Once the call is ended, I rush inside my house and run up the stairs and into my bedroom. Flicking the light on, I immediately head for my closet and take out a pair of new clothes which I put on immediately.

I chose a denim mini skirt with a cropped top, exposing my cleavage a little.

I check if my legs are shaven, and am relieved to see they are, and so are my armpits. I quickly touch up my natural looking make-up and add some more lip balm.

My hair is good, and I do a once-over in the mirror. I approve of my look. With a little smile, I recall our conversation over the phone.

"Nemesis, what can we possibly do?"

"I don't know? We can have a cup of coffee?" I suggest, hoping he will consider it. I hear a defeated sigh on the other side of the line.

"I guess one cup wouldn't hurt anyone."

Looking down at what I'm wearing, I realize it's not something you wear if somebody comes to have coffee with you.

But I don't care. I go to the kitchen and hop on the counter while my heart furiously is beating against my chest. It's pretty dark outside.

Usually, I don't like being home alone, but now it's working pretty good in my favor. I wonder where my dad is. Normally he would be at home at this time, except if there's an emergency at work, which happens rarely.

I hear my phone ping, and once I look over, I see I've received a message from my dad.

DAD: Hey honey, I can't make it home tonight because I'm too far out of town to return. I'll see you tomorrow! X

I frown at the message. It has never happened that dad needed to get out of town for work, or that he had to stay the night. With a shrug, I disregard that thought and get myself a glass of water to calm my nerves a little bit.

I don't know what tonight will bring, and I don't know if it will be good or bad. The last time I was alone with Alessio, things didn't end well. Although I wouldn't mind if they would happen again.

As I'm wondering where my brother is, the doorbell rings, pulling me out of my thoughts and scaring the living shit out of me. For the last time, I rake a hand through my hair.

I wipe invisible dust off my skirt and make my way to the door. Inhaling a deep breath, I open the door and the breath hitches in my throat once I see him.

When our eyes meet, he sends me a gorgeous smile, which I return with a shy, small one.

"Nemesis," he greets me. I nervously bite my lip and admire his accent. "Alessio," I greet back and step aside to let him in. I feel naked once his eyes trail over my body, and then back into my eyes.

Once he's inside, I lead him into the kitchen and offer him something to drink.

"Coffee," he chuckles. I smile and nod. "Alright," I say, and start preparing the black, hot liquid. "How are you?" he asks. I shrug. "Fine, I guess. You?" I ask.

"Good," he answers. "How is Ruby?" I ask him. I hear a sharp intake of breath. "Also good. She's working on new designs and such," he explains. I get two cups from one of the cupboards and place them on the counter.

"Cool, are you writing anything new?" I ask. He gazes deep into my eyes before he slowly nods.

"Yes," he whispers huskily. I clench my thighs together, and swallowing suddenly gets a little harder. "Okay," I croak out and am glad for the coffee to be ready. I walk over to the machine and pour the coffee into two cups. I hand one over to him, and he thanks me.