f i f t e e n

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF-HARM. STARTS TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THE CHAPTER.

n e m e s i s

n e m e s i s

"I can be needy, way too damn needy. I can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed."

. . .

I let out a long, and tired sigh as I decide to take a break from my studying. I put my pen down and send one last glare towards my book, before I stand up from my chair and grab my phone. I let myself fall on top of my bed and decide to catch up with the latest gossips and news.

I'm surprised when suddenly Alessio's name pops onto the screen. With a dumb smile on my face, I pick up the phone.

"Hey," I say once I've picked up. "Nemesis," he says, making me clench my thighs together a bit. "How are you?" he asks.

"I'm fine. School is a pain in the ass, as usual. How are things with you?" I ask him.

"Great. Inspiration keeps coming for my book and it's going smoothly."

I stare at the ceiling for a second, when suddenly envy towards Ruby rises within me.

How dare she not accept Alessio's job. How can she not be satisfied with him? He's as perfect as they come, and she's still ungrateful for what she's got.

"...Nemesis?"

I'm being pulled away from my thoughts. "Huh? What? I'm sorry, dozed off for a sec," I explain. He chuckles.

"Don't worry. But, I vaguely remembered you taking pictures of us, is that correct?" he asks. I blush a little. "Yes," I answer.

"Hmm, do you have them with you? Don't want them lying around in my house in case Ruby finds them."

I turn around and reach for my drawer, where they lay. I'm met with Alessio's light, blue eyes that are staring into the camera. "They're right here," I whisper while looking in admiration at him.

"Good," he hums. As an excuse to keep talking to him, I suggest if it's good to meet up.

"Well, uhm. You want to meet up one of these days?" I ask him. "Uh, sure? I'll take you out to lunch, what about that?" he asks.

I smile. "Of course, I'd love that," I giggle. "Well, when do you want to meet up, then?" he asks.

"Uh, I have no idea, actually," I say, and mentally picture my agenda.

This week school is keeping me busy with all these tests and exams. I want to cancel all my plans which involve lots of studying just to be with the man I'm currently calling with.

But, I need to get good grades. "Well, what about Wednesday next week? I have exams for the whole week so I won't be available," I pout, knowing he can't see me.