8. Breaking News!

It's been months since then.

You were depressed after his death, but, little by little, time healed your open wound.

But as it was still an open wound, it never stopped hurting.

Your mind would regularly drift back to him. His smile, his rants about science, his shiny ruby eyes whenever he looked at you...

You walked through Tsukasa's village. Here spent their days the people Tsukasa has revived with Senku's revival potion. They mount up to 28 people so far, mostly including bulky men, or beautiful capable women.

The village was buzzing with life. You had made acquaintance with most of its inhabitants, and a good friend with few people like Nikki, a former deliquent. A really strong willed woman, but with a really soft heart. She loved Lilian Wingberg, a gorgeous singer with a godly voice. Well everybody liked Lilian but you could tell Nikki had a bit of a more special connection with her. The both of you bonded over your admiration for the singer.

Another, formerly thought impossible, acquaintance was the one you made with one of your idols, Gen Asagiri, the magician, the trickster, the mentalist.

Meeting him was like a dream...

"...Where are we going?" You asked Tsukasa who was walking a few steps ahead of you. The both of you, were heading somewhere in the forest.

When he had asked you to come with him, a loud voice in your head refused to, but you didn't want to stay alone with two buff dudes and a crazy guy who was making spears, so you decided to ignore the voice and follow him instead. Not that Tsukasa was any better than those guys but at least you knew he didn't mean you any harm.

"Be patient." He replied monotonously.

You sighed, not having the strength to fight back. It has been about a week or so since Senku's death and to say the least you had no appetite or were in the mood to do anything but make clothes for the men Tsukasa revived. Even that was a difficult task. The only thing you'd willingly do was visit Senku's grave made by Yuzuriha and Taiju and pray for Senku in the heavens...

Tsukasa put a stop to your thoughts when he himself stopped in front of a statue. The guy was on one knee, hands spread wide open as if he was gonna give the biggest hug he could master. At first it was difficult not recognise him cause you hadn't seen him in such a long time but, then, it clicked.

"Gen Asigiri? The mentalist???" You asked, surprised.

"I found him here a few days ago..." Tsukasa took the clothes you were carrying with and and started dressing Gen up. You awkwardly averted your gaze to something else. A pair of male genitalia was the last thing you wanted to see today.

Tsukasa continued talking about how useful could Gen become to his little empire. When you asked about why he was still cautious about everything, he disregarded it by pouring the rivival potion on Gen.

A few cracks later and there was he, back to this world. He blinked in confusion, Tsukasa didn't let him ask any questions, he just got to the point and told him everything that he thought Gen needed to know. Even about Senku. The way he talked about him surprised you greatly, it felt like he was talking about a friend.

You couldn't bear the sound of Senku's name coming from his lips so you started walking away. That was when Gen turned his attention to you. Asked you about your name.

"I'm.... Nobody you should concern yourself with..."

You left the place without looking back. You figured that if Gen was curious enough, he'd guess everything about your place in this community in the span of few days....