3. The Experience Of Almost Being Eaten Alive

"Fuck!" You shouted. You just stabbed yourself, once again, trying to sew new clothes for Yuzuriha.

The previous day~

"Wait, what happened to the miracle water!?" Taiju shouted when you finally decided to go and sleep after your reunion.

"Miracle water?" You asked confused.

"Oh that..." Senku sweated nervously. "The clay pot broke when Miss Ponytail bumped to me..."

"I did WHAT?!"

"WHAT!? NOOOOO...!! Taiju started crying river of tears when he heard that. "Yuzuriha..."

"What's happening?" You asked again, wearing a blank look on your face.

"Miracle water, Ponytail! It's one of the liquids we needed for the revival fluid that can break the petrified people back! Isn't it exhilarating? The real name is actually Nitric Acid."

"Whaaaat!? Reeeeally???" You said in awe. "But then... I broke the clay that had the Miracle Water for Yuzuriha!? No way... I'm so sorry Taiju-kun!" You bowed deeply to apologize.

"It's okay, Ponytail..." Senku smirked. "I put another pot to fill up in the cave. That should be enough to revive Yuzuriha."

You let out a relieves sigh.

Present~

"Perfect!" You said looking at the piece of clothing. Not the best you've done but it was at least decent. Thankfully, you knew Yuzuriha's measurements because of the very few times you've been shopping together. Fortunately, your amazing brain memorized details like that easily.

"Damn it..." Taiju continued pacing around the place. You followed him with your gaze. His worried pacing made you anxious.

"Oi, big oaf! If you are going to waste energy, do it on something useful at least!" Said Senku looking up from sharpening a stone to make a weapon.

"Ah! Yes, sure!" He looked around trying to think of something to do.

"Hey, Taiju-kun~" He turned to look at you. "Could you go and try to catch a boar or something? I liked the mushrooms you gave me to eat yesterday but I would like something more... Tasty after such a long time~" You looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Yes, Y/N-chan! Of course, Y/N-chan!!!" He saluted at you as he ran at full speed at some direction. You smiled as you watched his figure disappearing behind the trees.

You and Senku were now the only ones left at the camp.

"Hey, Onion Head?~"

"Yeah?"

"Um... I have some questions about what has happened to us... And all these statues of stone... To be honest at first I thought we were moved here by someone but I guess that's not the case here right?" You looked at Senku with a sad look.

He sighed. He tried to contemplate on how he was going to tell you all the things that have happened. The fact that it has been 3.700 years since a human being last walked on earth. That everybody in the world being at the same state as you were. The fact that civilization was long gone.

But he had to do it. You should be kept in the dark.

"Ponytail...  it has been 3,700 years since the day we were petrified... "

.

"Hey Y/N! I got lucky today! Look at what I got!" Taiju held up two wild boars in each hand. He expected you to welcome him and express your gratitude and amazement from the results of his hunt, but seeing you,  sitting on the ground with a skeptical look on your face, raised his curiosity.