1. Adventure Start

So, yeah. I started another story right after I made another one. But this plot bunny interfered with my other one, and I had to get this out of the way. Well, the first few chapters anyway. This will be a very long story. I have my work cut out for me. Well, I hope you enjoy!

I don't own One Piece.

"Aaaaaaaacccceeee! Saaaaaaaboooo! I'm hungry!"

"Shut up or you'll scare the fish away!"

"I told you two that we didn't pack enough food when we left." Sabo sighed deeply.

The trio of brothers had been sailing in a dingy for about a week now. They originally were going to wait until they were seventeen to leave, but Sabo's father had found him and taken him away from his brothers with the threat of killing them if he didn't comply.

Meanwhile the nobles in Goa Kingdom had hired Bluejam and his crew to set fire to the Gray Terminal in preparation for the Celestial Dragon arriving the next day. Sabo was horrified that the nobles would sink so low. They were worse than Bluejam in his opinion. Sabo quickly escaped his prison that he once called home and made a mad dash for the Gray Terminal.

He managed to get there before the gates were closed for the night, and set out to find his brothers and warn them. When he found them they were tied up inside Bluejam's old ship. Ace and Luffy were happily relieved to see him again. Luffy hugged him tightly when Sabo untied them, and refused to let go for several minutes, all the while crying his eyes out.

With both brothers safe at his side, Sabo led them to the edge of the forest. They had just made it to the tree line when the first explosion happened. They were frozen in horror as the flames quickly consumed the large trash heap. The screams of those being burned alive started to dwindle by the time Ace snapped out of it and dragged Sabo and Luffy further into the forest.

They quickly decided that it was no longer safe to live in Goa anymore and stole a dingy to set sail on. They packed as much food they could while being rushed to leave. The longer they stayed the more likely they would be caught. They didn't want to risk that so they set off at noon the next day on the opposite side of the island the Celestial Dragon would be arriving at. The food was all gone before the sun set. They had fed themselves by using their pipes as fishing rods. But even that wasn't really enough.

"Did you want to be caught again? We had to leave as soon as possible!" Ace yelled.

"I know, but did you think that sailing off with little to no food was really a good idea?" Sabo scolded.

"We're managing! And we should be arriving at an island soon, right? We'll just stock up when we get there."

"Island! Where?!" Luffy jumped around the small boat looking for an island that was nowhere to be seen.

"Stop it, Luffy! You're rocking the boat!" Ace hit Luffy over the head to get him to stop. It didn't really hurt him since he was made of rubber.

"Shishishishishishi! Sorry!" Luffy said with his bright smile.

"We won't get to the island for another day, Ace. And the fish we've caught hasn't really filled us up at all. If we weren't arriving at an island soon we would more than likely starve." Sabo tried to get the seriousness of the situation through Ace's thick skull.

"But we aren't going to starve, and we are arriving at an island. It all worked out. Right, Luffy?" Ace turned to the youngest of the group.

"Right!" Luffy cheered.

"Ugh! You two are hopeless." Sabo face palmed before turning back to his fishing.

"Shishishishi! Hey, what do you think our first island adventure is going to be like?" Luffy asked grabbing his make-shift fishing pole.