10. Meeting the Mosshead

Here it is! Sorry about the small delay in getting it up. I'm not too skilled in writing fight scenes, so I rewrote the end of this chapter quite a lot. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but you guys waited long enough. If you have any pointers on writing a fight scene please feel free to share them with me. Thank you for your patience.

Update! I updated this chapter's fight scenes. I wasn't satisfied enough with the fight scenes I had, but thanks to the help I got from Talon of soaring Eagle I redid it! I'm much happier with this outcome than I was with the other. And don't worry, chapter eleven will be out soon! I hope you all enjoy!

I do not own One Piece.

"Now remember, no attacking the other pirates." Sabo said sternly.

"I heard you the first hundred time! Unchain me already!" Ace yelled. Marco didn't really blame him. The poor kid had been promised to be let loose today, and Sabo spent the whole morning going over rules he had to follow. Most of them stated that he wasn't to attack him and Thatch.

"I'm just making sure you understand." Sabo said finally unlocking the chains, and Ace was instantly working to free himself. It was finally done with Sabo's help, and Ace stood up for the first time in days.

Ace stretch his arms upward, and arched his back. Marco heard his spine and shoulders give several loud pops. That wasn't surprising since he spent most of the week sitting in the same position. His muscles must've been so stiff. After his initial stretch, Ace did several smaller stretches to wake up his muscles and pop more joints.

The reason for Ace's freedom was a large dot on the horizon in front of them. One look through the spyglass proved it to be the next island. The timing of it couldn't have been better. The three brats were quickly depleting their food stock.

Ace was pretty much forced to eat due to Luffy threatening to go on another hunger strike each time he refused to eat. It became a daily occurrence for everyone to watch Sabo feed Ace his meal before eating their own meals. Something Ace absolutely hated, and he made sure to let everyone know exactly what he thought of it. Thatch learned to not ask Ace about his cooking after the third time he got insulted.

"Ace! What are you doing with that?!" Sabo's yell brought Marco out of his thoughts.

He looked down and saw Ace glaring up at him. Thatch was in the kitchen making lunch, so he got escape Ace's scrutiny. In his hand was one of the pipes they carried around. He didn't make any move to attack, nor did he seem like he would. He just stood there with that ever present scowl.

"Didn't you hear me when I told you not to attack?!" Sabo stood in front of Ace.

"Relax. I'm only standing guard." Ace said never once letting his eyes stray from Marco. Sabo stared at him for a few seconds before sighing in defeat.

"Fine. Just don't jump off the deep end like you usually do." Sabo said and moved to the side. Ace just continued to stand guard.

"Saaaaabooooo! When will we reach the island?!" Luffy whined from the front of the small boat.

"Calm down, Luffy. It'll be a while before we get there." Sabo reassured his fidgeting brother.

"We should reach it late tonight if we keep sailing." Marco said, and Luffy whined.

"But that's a looooooooong time from now!" Luffy flopped onto his back, and gazed at the clouds.

"We should get as close as we can before sundown, and stop for the night. That way, we'll have all day tomorrow to explore the island." Sabo said and Luffy groaned at the thought of waiting even longer before going on his next adventure.