6. Celebrations and Departures

Happy Halloween Everyone! I've been really busy these past few days getting my costume ready, but I made sure this story got up on this day! I just need to explain one thing before you read on. I mention an island called Haruna Island later on in this chapter. I did this because apparently the island's Zoro's dojo is on isn't named! Well, it might have a name, but I search and I searched. There is no name mentioned. So I used Haruna. Haru meaning "far off/distant" or "spring" or "clear up". I'm using the "far off/distant" meaning. Na meaning "vegetables, greens". So does the meaning make you think of a certain moss head? Because it did for me. I'll stop rambling now and let you get to the chapter.

I do not own One Piece.

Whitebeard hung up the transponder snail, and smiled fondly. Somehow, Marco had suggested what Whitebeard was thinking. If Marco hadn't said anything, he certainly would've. However, he wanted to make sure that following the brats was what his sons truly wanted. He wouldn't force them to go if they really wanted to come home, but Whitebeard had planned on going to the East Blue the moment he heard the youngest brat ask him to join his crew. It was a good thing he was checking up on his territories in Paradise. It would take longer if they had to sail to the East Blue all the way from the New World.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock at his door.

"Come in." he said and Izo opened the door.

"Was that Marco and Thatch you just hung up on?" he asked.

"Yeah, it was. It's a good thing you're here. I need you to go tell the others to set sail for the East Blue."

"Huh? The East Blue? Why are we going there? Surely Thatch and Marco are enough to stop Arlong. Or is it because Thatch convinced Marco to take a vacation with him?" Izo asked the last part dryly.

"It's nothing like that. Arlong has been dealt with, and Thatch said he wasn't going on vacation this time."

"Then why are we going?"

"They may have found you some new brothers, and we're going to meet them."

"But why go all the way to one of the Blues? Wouldn't it be easier just to meet them here? The World Government will go into conniptions if we suddenly sailed to the weakest sea."

"The spoiled brats in the World Government can throw the biggest fit in history for all I care. And we're going because they may refuse the offer to join. In fact, that's more than likely going to be their answer."

"Okay, but why not just leave them alone if they refuse? Isn't that what you normally do?" Izo was obviously baffled at this point.

"Normally, yes, but this is a special occasion." Whitebeard took a swig of the sake he kept at his bedside.

"What makes this a special occasion?"

Whitebeard looked at his 16th division commander and said, "These potential brothers of yours are no older than ten years old. As a matter of fact, the youngest appears to be seven."

"Wait! What?!" Izo's eyes were wide with surprise.

"Yes, Thatch and Marco came across the three brats on the island Arlong tried to attack. They called themselves pirates, and they appeared to have sailed away from their home island all on their own"

"WHAT?!" Izo now donned an undignified look of shock, which was unusual for him. It just went to show how much the situation surprised him. He regained his composure after a few seconds.

"Wait, you mean three kids just sailed away on their own and called themselves pirates?!" He asked as if trying to piece together a puzzle that made absolutely no sense.