15. Luffy No!

Yay! Another chapter done! I've gotta say, I'm glad we're finally on this island! I've had the entire first round of the East Blue planned since before chapter three! I'm pumped to be writing this at last!

That being said, I know many of you are annoyed with Ace's antics. I am too, but trust me when I say that that is a good thing. The more annoyed you are with him now, the more rewarding a future scene will be. No, the scene is not in this chapter, but it will be in the next chapter! I won't give too much away, but just know that all the annoyance will be worth it!

Also, I wanted to clear something up. Kuro is not the butler mentioned in the last chapter. It was Merry, the lamb guy that built the Going Merry. Kuro wont make an appearance for a long time. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!

I do not own One Piece.

Marco walked with Thatch through the mostly destroyed town. The buildings were in such a state of disrepair that he doubted it was safe to stay in some of them. The people of this village were in a worse state, however. Many of them were injured, and almost all of them looked around in fear. It was as if they expected a fishman to pop up out of nowhere and torture them some more. Those that didn't have fear in their eyes held a hopeless expression, like they had given up on ever getting out of their situation. Marco felt a righteous anger burn deep inside him. He was going to make those fishmen pay.

"Did you notice?" Thatch interrupted his thoughts. Marco wondered what he was talking about when he sensed two very familiar people following behind them. He sighed in annoyance.

"Should we stop them?" Marco asked, and Thatch shook his head.

"No, we tried to reason with them beforehand. Now they must learn things the hard way." Thatch said and Marco nodded in agreement. They would make sure the fishmen didn't hurt the brats, but maybe a scare was just what they needed to learn that there are some things they really can't handle.

"You're right. Let's just go free this island." Marco said, and took the lead toward the mansion on the hill.

XxXxXxXxX

Luffy watched as the lamb butler helped Bachina out of the chair, and led her to a bedroom. He had just told another story about Yasopp when she had a coughing fit, and Kaya's parent's insisted on letting her rest. Usopp and Kaya stood next to Luffy, and looked at each other with worried expressions.

"I hope your mom gets to feeling better, Usopp." Kaya said sadly.

"Me too. She's a really nice lady." Luffy chimed in.

"Yeah, her health has been getting worse. She spends more and more time in bed each day." Usopp said with tears in the corners of his eyes.

"Let's give Bachina a quiet house to rest in for a while. Why don't you three go play quietly outside? Stay in the yard. And remember, if you see any fishmen, come inside as quickly and quietly as possible." Kaya's mom said.

"Okay, Mommy!" Kaya said, and led the two boys outside. They shut the door behind them.

"Luffy, I wanted to thank you for telling me and my mom about my dad. It was nice to hear about him again after so long." Usopp said, and wiped away some tears.

"Don't mention it. Yasopp is a pretty cool guy." Luffy smiled.

"Yeah, he is. And I will be a brave warrior of the sea, just like him when I grow up!" Usopp proclaimed.

"Oh, you want to be a pirate too?" Luffy asked.

"Yeah, just like my old man, and I'm going to work on my aim so I can become a great sniper too." Usopp pulled out a slingshot and pretended to aim at various things.