11. Directionally Challenged

IMPORTANT! READ THIS FIRST!

For those of you who don't know, I rewrote the ending of the last chapter. There are changes that affect this chapter, so please read that first if you haven't done so. Otherwise you'll be confused.

Special thanks to Talon of soaring Eagle for helping me with the changes last chapter.

I do not own One Piece.

"That was awesome!"

"Will you stop following me?"

"Hey, join my crew!"

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"Because I said so!"

"That's not a good enough reason!"

"I don't care!" Zoro yelled over his shoulder and Luffy pouted.

Luffy had followed Zoro in the hopes of getting him to join his crew, but Zoro didn't want to join. Luffy had already decided that Zoro was going to be his swordsman, though, and he would make sure that happened. Even if he had to follow the guy around until he agreed.

They walked in an uncomfortable silence. Luffy was never more than ten steps behind Zoro. They walked until they came across a small clearing with a dead bear in the middle.

"Weren't we just here?" Luffy asked. The bear in the middle looked like the bear he and his brothers killed.

"That's weird. The village is supposed to be here. Don't tell me it moved again." Zoro said to himself.

"Whoa! The village moves?!" Luffy asked excitedly. He had never been to an island where villages moved around. This was a cool island.

"Yeah, things move around a lot on this island. Trees, boulders, caves, the village…" Zoro listed with his fingers.

"That's so cool! Can clearings move too?!" Luffy looked around in awe.

"Yeah, like everything else, clearings move. It makes things confusing, but I eventually find my way back." Zoro said, and walked in a random direction. Luffy followed close behind.

"Awesome! I've never been on an island like this! How often do things move?" Luffy wanted to know as much about this place as possible.

"Things move around all the time." Zoro said as they entered a small clearing with a dead bear in the center.

"Hey! Another clearing with a dead bear!" Luffy pointed out.

"No. It's the same place. It just moved again." Zoro sounded more frustrated than before, and walked off in another direction.

They walked a little ways. Luffy looked around to see if any of the trees would move while he was looking at them. They didn't, but they looked familiar somehow. Luffy tried to think of why they were familiar, but was distracted when they entered a small clearing with a dead bear in the center.

"I don't believe it! The clearing moved again!" Luffy yelled. How did it keep moving without them noticing?!

"I hate it when it does this." Zoro said, and ran in another direction.

Luffy ran after him. He looked harder to see if anything moved. Nothing moved, but everything looked familiar again. Luffy nearly bumped into Zoro who stopped suddenly when they entered a small clearing with a dead bear in the middle. Zoro grunted in frustration, and ran in another direction. Luffy chased after him.

"This is going to take a while, isn't it?" Luffy asked.

Zoro's lack of response was all the answer he needed.