Hospital Trip

The ambulance came and put Hilda on a stretcher, they grabbed her backpack and threw it beside her in the ambulance. Hilda was scared. The only thing that was bothering her was her head, but what if it ended up being something really bad? "My first day at my new school is ending in the emergency room. Great." Once they got to the hospital, they immediately had to do an MRI.

After the MRI, Hilda's mom rushed into the room. "Honey, are you okay? How did this all happen?" Hilda: "We were playing dodgeball and this girl Zara threw a basketball at my head and her friends Dylan and Janay had thrown balls at me too, so it made me fall. The basket ball hurt my head enough, but once I hit the floor I couldn't get up." Hilda's mom: "Oh, honey I'm so sorry..why would someone throw a basketball during dodgeball?" Hilda: "Because she's a jerk. This was all over a boy. She likes this guy who absolutely hates her because of how mean she is, and she got mad that he seemed to like me." Hilda's mom: "Oh, honey...I'm so sorry."

A few minutes later, the doctor came in with Hilda's test results. The doctor: "So I have some good news. It's just a little concussion, which should be gone in a week. We can start your medication tonight, and you can go home. You probably can't go to school tomorrow though, because you cannot stand up yet. Once you do go back, you'll have to sit out of gym for the next week." Hilda: "That's great! Thank you so much." The doctors rolled Hilda out to the parking lot and lifted her into her mother's car.