PART:83

IN EVENING

IN KAIRA'S ROOM

Naira was in her room busy watching some movies and munching popcorns. She decided to watch a movie just to lighten up her mood which got spoiled because of her dear husband. Actually, Naira had some plans for both later this noon for which kartik didn't show up. She almost waited for him for 2 hours but neither he called nor dropped a msg. She herself too tried to contact him but he didn't answer. These acts were enough to spoil her mood. She decided to not to show up for the dinner he asked for.

Naira's POV

Pta nhi kartik tum kahan ho. Ek call karke tao bata sakte the na. I just wish tum os deal k karan mujhe ignore nhi kar rahe. Lekin tumne khud hi tao kaha tha k you really don't want to spoil this day aur tum khud hi nhi aaye.

She wanted to be angry with him but couldn't. All just she could was feel guilty and stressed. She tried her best to divert her mind but it didn't happen. Her thoughts just came back to him. She was lost when someone came and shouted in her ear.

Voice: bhuhhhhhhhh
Naira(frightened): aahhhhh

Naira being frightened threw her popcorns in air and shouted. The person somehow managed to shut her mouth up by keeping his hand on her mouth.

Kartik: its me
Naira: kartik
Kartik: hmm ek minute mai light on karke aata hu.

Kartik turned on the lights while naira closed her laptop. She decided to talk to him first. After switching on the lights kartik turned to face his angry sherni glaring at him.

Naira: mai puch sakti tum kahan the
Kartik(stepping towards her): hey I am sorry mai last moment pe ek jaruri kaam pad gya tha.
Naira(stepping back): you could have informed.
Kartik: I know but
Naira(stern yet low): I was waiting
Kartik(tucking her hair strands): I forgot I am sorry

Naira was about to say something when mansi knocked on the door and informed them that everyone is calling them to have dinner.

Mansi: bhai bhabhi aap logo ko niche dinner k liye bula rahe hai
Kartik: mansi hum log bahar
Naira(cutting him): hum aa rahe hai tum chalo

Mansi nodded and left. While kartik turned himself towards Naira. He knew she is angry and he needed to pacify her.

Kartik: Naira I know mai thoda late hogya lekin we can still go. Kahi aur jaa sakte hai right
Naira(sternly): mujhe ab kahi khi nhi jana
Kartik: don't do this to me. I know mai
Naira: you don't know anything kartik

Saying that she left. While sighed in disbelief. He too got himself changed and went downstairs to join others.

IN HALL

Throughout the dinner, Kartik kept looking at Naira while Naira didn't even took a glance of him. Naira wanted him to be there but he didn't show up. Today she was supposed to give an interview for her achievements. It was her first experience and she wanted him to be there but he didn't show up and that did hurt her.

Kartik didn't had any clue about Naira giving any interview. He wanted to join her after lunch but he couldn't. He just had some last minute problems and got stuck with it. He didn't call or msg her because he left his phone back in his car. And the moment he came back from his work it was very late so ge decided to make it up for with her face to face.

Shubham who was confused with their presence was staring them throughout the dinner. He didn't ask them before and decided to talk to kartik once they were alone.

IN BACKYARD

Kartik was out to attend some call and was about to go inside when Shubham pulled him back.