3.

Ash, Gary and Clemont took the elevator to the bottom floor. They decided to wander around, noticing there was a room with some big tables, with bottles of wine and glasses placed on the table. In another room, was a lounge area with couches, beanbags and a fireplace. In the last big room was an empty buffet table, which assumably would be filled for dinner, and some tables to sit around and eat.

While exploring, Ash and Gary took the time to catch up. Ash was upset to hear that Gary and Misty had broken up, and he noticed that Gary still seemed upset about it. Ash gave him a pat on the back, "I want to say something helpful but I'm hopeless with these situations." He admitted before the trio burst into laughter.

"Ash? Gary?" A voice piped up. The three boys spun around to meet eyes with a tall man, tanned with brown spiky hair. Ash's expression turned into a big smile, "Brock!" He boomed as he raced over to him, "I didn't realise you were coming!" He added. Brock chuckled, "Couldn't miss seeing you battle in the Kalos cup... this is sort of like old times." Brock chuckled.

"Ash!" A voice piped up as the raven haired boy spun around to see three girls walking over to them, Misty had called him. The Waterflower raced over to the raven haired boy and brought him into a surprise hug, in which he hugged back. Serena bit her lip as she saw this.

"It's been so long!" Misty admitted, pulling away from the boy. "It really has.. how have you been?" Ash asked. Gary found himself a little awkward standing here, being near Misty and her not acknowledging him at least by saying hi, did hurt.

"I have been great." Misty said before her eyes darted over to Brock who stepped beside her. The orange haired girl linked her arm through his before leaning on his shoulder, which made Ash's mouth drop, as well as Gary's. "Are you two.. dating!?" Ash asked, excitedly.

Misty and Brock just laughed, before looking to eachother, then looking back at their surprised friend, "Yeah we are." Misty admitted. Ash was really surprised by this but happy for them, they deserved to be happy.

Gary watched Misty and Brock, feeling an ache in his heart, he missed Misty and being with her, but she had moved on. Serena was at ease, seeing Misty and Brock hand in hand, that meant Ash was still available for her.

"Oh god I'm a horrible friend—" Ash boomed, putting an arm around Clemont. "Misty, Brock— This is Clemont!" He boomed as they all chuckled. "It's nice to meet you." The lovebirds replied as Clemont gave a smile, "It's nice to meet you too."