4.

Time had passed and many more people turned up, many more greetings were made. Eventually, everyone had spread out and the only people left with Ash were Serena and Gary. They all sat by a table, Serena and Gary drinking the wine, but Ash wasn't interested in drinking.

Something about Ash's demeanour was different. "Ash, is something wrong?" Serena asked, worry painted on her face. Ash looked up at her and silently shook his head. "Oh come on Ashy-boy, we can obviously tell that something's wrong, you're acting different." Gary added.

Ash let out a sigh, "There's just... someone I really wanted to be here tonight.. and they're not here." He admitted. Serena felt uneasy about that statement, who was he talking about?

That's when the double glass entrance doors opened and in walked a group of people, Gary, Ash and Serena got up, wanting to see who walked in.

Barry, a fiery boy with a good fighting spirit, Ash should have known he would turn up. Paul, a rather quiet guy who had a weird way of training Pokemon, but he was surprisingly strong. Zoey, truthfully, Ash was surprised to see her, she was very committed to contests.. maybe she had a change of heart... but most importantly, his old friend Dawn.

Ash's demeanour took a 360 turn when he saw Dawn. The raven haired boy looked over to her, about to call her when she then noticed him too, her eyes lit up. "Ash!!" Dawn called out, beginning to race over to him. It was then Serena knew who Ash was hoping to be here.. This blue haired girl who was currently running towards him.

Dawn finally dodged some people in the crowd as she came over, dashing in her heels. She finally got to Ash and the pair happily hugged, much to Serena's disgust. The two then separated, with huge grins on their faces. "I was hoping you'd show up." Ash admitted as Dawn gave a wink, "You should know I'd be here— The plane from Sinnoh was really delayed." The blue haired girl admitted.

"Dawn! It's nice to see you again." Gary piped up as she turned to him, smiling again, "Gary! Hey!" She chimed as the two hugged, this put Serena at ease.. Maybe Dawn was just overly friendly. Surely she didn't have a thing for Ash.

The two separated and Dawn turned to Serena, not recognising the girl. "Hi Dawn.. My name is Serena." The blonde finally introduced herself, seeing as though neither Ash or Gary were seeming to introduce them. "Hi! I've heard about you! It's nice to meet you." Dawn boomed. That comment caused Ash to blush, which Serena noticed. That made her realise that Dawn was no threat, they were just close friends.

"Hey would you like a drink?" Serena asked, as Dawn nodded, "I'd love one." She admitted. Serena then lead Dawn away from the two boys.

"So, what's the deal.." Gary grinned as Ash looked confused. "What are you talking about Gary?" He asked. Gary kept his grin, "It's clear to me that you either like Dawn or Serena, which one is it." Ash's face turned red, "I don't like them like that." He tried to cover up. "It's pretty obvious you do." Gary eyed him curiously as Ash tried hiding his face. This all stopped when there was an announcement that food was ready, both Ash and Gary's eyes lit up as they were both hungry.