5.

Serena had lead Dawn to a table where there was an unopened bottle of wine. She eagerly poured herself a glass, before pouring another one. "You're too much of a lightweight for that much wine.." A voice piped up, Dawn turned around to see Barry and Paul, Barry had spoken.

Dawn rolled her eyes, "This second glass isn't for me." She insisted, before picking them both up, handing one to Serena. "Right, Serena?" She asked as Serena awkwardly nodded, taking the glass.

Dawn looked to both Barry and Paul before taking a drink, finishing it in one long scull. She then took the glass away from her mouth before shooting the two boys a grin, "But you really shouldn't underestimate me." She admitted, pouring herself another glass before leaving.

Ever since Ash had left Sinnoh, Dawn, Barry and Paul had some sort of rivalry going on, after all the trio had very competitive natures. It never made sense but only recently Dawn was feeling more ganged up on as Barry had admitted to her that he was beginning to have feelings for Paul, which meant Barry wasn't so challenging towards him. This caused Dawn to feel the need to prove herself more as it seemed to be two against one.

The two girls had walked away, leaving Barry and Paul a bit surprised.

Ash and Gary began to eat, talking as they did. "Do you and Misty at least talk?" Ash asked Gary as he sighed, noticing Misty and Brock in the near distance, in eachother arms. "We don't talk much at all... Everything's changed." Gary admitted.

"I'm sorry about that." Ash sighed, though the raven haired boy couldn't deny he was so happy for Misty and Brock, he felt bad for Gary. "Oh well.. She seems really happy with Brock.. I guess I'll just have to move on." The brunette admitted, biting his lip. "I'm sure you'll find someone who makes you forget about Misty." Ash smiled. Gary chuckled, "Oh Ash.. You never forget about your first love.." He trailed off. Ash didn't know what he meant by that, as he hadn't had a girlfriend before.

"Ash!" Serena chimed, as she and a buzzed Dawn walked back over. "What's wrong with Dawn?" Ash quickly asked, getting out of his seat to help her. "Hey! Don't talk like I can't hear you." Dawn huffed, "I'm fine, just a little shaky." She admitted, empty glass in her hand.

Truthfully, she was only a little shaky, but as Ash knew nothing about drinking and it's side effects, he was instantly worried. "She just drank a lot of wine at once. Like two glasses too quickly." Serena admitted, bothered by how much he cared about her. She kept reminding herself that Dawn wasn't a threat.

"Here, sit beside me.." Ash decided, helping Dawn into the sit next to him, much to Serena's disgust. The blonde haired girl took a seat beside Dawn and Gary. The brunette boy poured a glass of water and slid it over to Dawn, "Thanks Oaky." She said, taking it.

Serena was silently pleading that Dawn liked Gary or something crazy, just to keep her away from Ash. "Dawn and Ash are just good friends.." She told herself.