9.

Serena hadn't moved a muscle. She wanted Ash to come back, to tell her he was just concerned for Dawn and that he really loved her.

She let out a sigh and looked at the Pokemon peacefully sleeping. No matter where she looked, she couldn't get her mind off of Ash and Dawn.

Gary stood up from his seat and walked around to Serena. Honestly, he didn't want to deal with someone crying, but he knew what it was like to feel heart broken and to love someone who didn't feel the same.

"Serena.." He began as she looked up, "Let's go for a walk." Gary decided, as she shook her head, "We have to watch the Pokemon." Gary then bit his lip before he noticed Clemont and Bonnie standing close by, "Clemont, Bonnie. Can you please watch these guys?" He asked, pointing to under the table. Bonnie skipped over and saw the sleeping Pokemon. "Aw!!" She boomed, her eyes lighting up. "Sure thing." Clemont gave them a smile.

Gary offered Serena a hand. She looked at him curiously before taking it. The pair left the room and left to walk outside. Serena had let go of Gary's hand, as they walked along the sidewalk.

"I know you're hurting, loving someone who loves somebody else hurts.." Gary sighed, "I feel bad for you because I feel the same right now and I understand how you must be feeling." The brunette admitted.

"As much as it hurts to see the one you love, happy with somebody else, you sort of have no choice but to be happy for them.." Gary trailed off, thinking about Misty and Brock. Serena thought about Ash and Dawn, she felt stupid for thinking Ash had liked her and not Dawn... looking back, it was probably obvious how Ash liked Dawn.

"I know we don't really know eachother.. so this could be weird.. I just wanted you to know you're not alone." Gary admitted, giving Serena a smile. The girl smiled back. "Thank you Gary."

"So, are you from Kanto?" Serena asked. Gary nodded, "I am! And you're from Kalos?" He asked. Serena shook her head, "Well yes but originally I'm from Kanto, Pallet town actually." Gary's mouth then fell open, "I'm from Pallet town." He admitted.

"Really?!" Serena blurted, "I knew you looked a bit familiar.. did you go to Professor Oak's Summer camp?" She asked. Gary nodded, "Professor Oak is my Grandpa, so of course I did." He replied with a grin. "I remember you! Well a little bit." Serena admitted before she giggled. "I think I remember you too." Gary also laughed.

The two then bonded over their Summer camp memories, sharing them as they walked. Eventually they grew tired and walked back to the Conference.

They collected their Pokemon from Bonnie, Serena decided to take Piplup to her room as Dawn was sharing her room, and Gary decided to take Pikachu as Ash was sharing his room.