🎐ᵖʰᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃˡˡ🎐

"Hyungie, you look sad. Are you okay ?", a little child of eleven years, asked Jungkook, who was treating his wound carefully.
The omega chuckled, looking at the boy, "I'm absolutely alright. You should focus on your wound more, for now"

The boy nodded, passing a bright smile towards Jungkook.
He really had to leave so early, grumbling internally, the omega stood up, keeping away the tray of medicine.

On the fifteenth day of his stay in the guest house of the Autmn pack house, Taehyung bid farewell to all the wolves, and took his leave, starting his journey towards his own pack.
Though Jungkook showed his tongue to the alpha, on receiving the news of his leaving, he still didn't want that it to happen.

The alpha had invited the whole pack for his birthday celebration, which was supposed to be held after a few weeks. Jungkook, though convinced by many, was still contemplating whether he should go or not.

A big pack with extravagant celebration. I better not go, the omega thought, and instead, decided to write to his mate, along with a gift.

《🎐🎐》

"Mom!!", Taehyung ran towards his mother, who had a beautiful smile plastered on her face.
"Taehyung-ah! Where have you been these fifteen days ?! We were worried sick!", though not a rare event, these sudden disappearances of her son bothered her a lot.

"Leave that!", the alpha said excitedly, "Do you know where my mate ring is ?"
Taehyung's mother, Kim Chae-Yong, looked at her son in amusement.
She was surprised to see the alpha smile after a long time. Guess the time has come.

"Why ? You threw it off. I don't know where it is", Chaeyong fauxed innocence, shaking her head. She laughed internally, seeing all the colour drain off her son's face.
Cursing himself internally, the alpha panicked, "M-mom, what happens if you d-don't gift your mate a ring ?"
The omega woman bit her lips, containing her smile, "They reject you"

And Taehyung froze.

His face, filled with confusion, helplessness and guilt, grimaced slightly in pain. "Is th-there any oth-other way ?", tears pricked in Taehyung's eyes, seeing which her mother gasped.
It has been years since she had seen her son cry.

"Taehyung-ah! I'm joking! Your mate won't reject you my baby", Chaeyong laughed, when her son broke down in her lap and hugged her tightly.
"Wait here. I'll bring your mate rings. I had kept them with me ever since the day you threw them away", saying that, the woman went away, shaking her head at her son's 'panick, mixed with relief' facial expression.

After a few minutes, Chaeyong arrived, holding a small box, covered in bright red coloured velvet.
Taehyung leaped onto the box, but pouted when his mother shook her head, doing a small "Tsk tsk".

"First", Chaeyong smirked slightly, "You have to tell me the name of your mate. I must know who's this girl, for whom my son has become so head over heels".

Taehyung hesitated a bit, nervously biting on his lower lip, "I-it's not a girl mom"

Chaeyong, though a bit surprised, said, "Oh! It's a boy ?"
Taehyung said nothing and nodded, getting ready to speak up, if his mother says anything.
"Aw! My baby was scared! It doesn't matter if he's a boy or a girl, Taehyung".
The alpha smiled brightly, and gave a quick hug to his mother, "Thank you mom"

Chaeyong smiled, and pressed a small kiss on her son's forehead. "Do you know when you last hugged me ?", she asked, small tears crowding in her hazel nut eyes.