Part 16

Hello all and welcome back to my story. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all enjoy.

Sung Jin woo POV

After splitting up from Alea I decided to visit the Helstea manor as it had been a while since I had seen everyone and I was told that they were all home. I wanted to walk the streets though because I enjoyed sightseeing and thought that I might miss something new.

I continued going down the bustling streets as I remembered how that used to be me, an ordinary person living there life freely. No hunters, no monsters, no monarchs, it would've been fun. I eventually reached the manor and walked inside to find it relatively empty, I was confused as I was told that they were home.

"Igris" I called for him.

"Yes, my liege" He responded.

"I thought you said that they were home" I said.

"They were, my liege" he said.

"There clearly not, find out where they are?" I said with a sigh.

"They had left for the market ten minutes ago, my liege" he said.

"And why didn't you tell me?" I asked getting irritated.

"You didn't ask" he said.

I sighed and left the house, I might as well go see the guild master whilst I'm here. Thankfully there were no issues getting to the guild as I was still annoyed at Igris and I would've probably killed someone. As I got there I noticed the increased number of people on the outside shouting, I noticed the guild master and the staff in front trying to calm them down.

It seemed that the guild master noticed me as well considering that he called out to me like he was in distress. This caused everyone to turn to me and because I didn't want to deal with them I released some of my aura to scare them. This worked out great as they separated and let me walk through them.

"What's the matter?" I asked at the scene of the shouting.

"Come in and I'll explain" he said before directing me to follow him.

We walked through the barren halls of the guild and up to the guild masters office, in which he sat down with a sigh of defeat.

"So what's the matter?" I asked noticing the bags under his eyes indicating a lack of sleep.

"The lances wants us to send multiple high ranked adventures to assist them in a 'highly classified operation'" he said mocking them.

"Oh I see, that's why they seemed annoyed" I said getting a clearer picture of their frustration.

"Why would they want adventurers though, wouldn't they prefer the knights who they have trust in?" I asked.

"Who knows, but they've ordered us to send out some adventures for them and no one wants to do it" he said clearly frustrated.

"Hmmm that seems annoying" I said wondering for alternative solutions.

"Yep, and it doesn't help that the highest ranked adventurer disappeared for months, leaving me in a tough spot" he said practically glaring at me.

"Sorry, I was preoccupied with important issues" I said remembering Alea.

"Fine, anyways your back now so how do you propose we solve this issue?" He asked

"Hmm me?" I asked.

"Your my highest ranked adventurer and you disappeared yet again for a long time leaving me in a political situation, so yes you" he said not giving me much room to argue back.