Part 20

Hello all and welcome back to my story. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy.

Arthur's POV

I had so many questions toward the fact that uncle Jin woo managed to get Alea to love him. I mean for starters I didn't even know that he could love someone, he has always been working for the guild and even at home he barely interacts with others. At one point I thought that he was just a machine that just lived to kill monsters, he never slept, never ate, and never really smiled. Anyways, as these thoughts plagued my mind I hadn't realised that I was squeezing silvie so hard until she bit me. I flinched and let go as she jumped out of my grip and glared at me, and I could only smile.

"Sorry silvie, I hadn't realised that I was suffocating you" I said as she sighed.

"Be careful next time papa" she said before smiling and jumping on my head to rest.

"Okay" I replied as tess walked in and came over to me with a smile.

"Hey art" she said as I noticed that she looked weaker than normal.

"Hey tess, how's the assimilation process going?" I asked as she sat down and rested her head on my chest.

"I'm nearly done, but I feel weak to the point a normal person could easily beat me" she said with a sigh as I stroked her soft hair.

"You could still give them a run for their money though" i said with a smile as she laughed and I imagined her flooring most people.

"Anyways, we have the next few days off so what do you want to do?"

"I've never had a proper chance to explore the full city, so how about we go out, perhaps sight see and get some food" I said.

"So a date?" She asked with a smile.

"Sure" I said and pecked her on the lips before getting up and stretching. I smiled and held out my hand to her as she took it and I pulled her up and into my embrace.

We walked out of the room and to the front doors, I barely opened it until I heard talking outside as me and tess poked our heads out to see uncle Jin-woo embracing Alea in a hug. I didn't quite believe that they had been dating but this confirmed it as they broke from their embrace and smiled at each other before kissing. Both me and tess were embarrassed that we had spied on them until Alea left by flight, I was jealous as I knew she was a white core and wanted nothing more than to become one, knowing I could protect my family. I snapped at these thoughts as I felt a hand on my shoulder and quickly turned to see uncle Jin-woo there with a smile on his face.

"Wha... how? we saw you outside just then" tess shouted in confusion as Jin woo chuckled.

"That's for me to know. Anyways, why were you spying on us?"

"We were leaving and saw that you and Alea where outside. We didn't mean to we were just shocked" I defended.

"Oh... seems like I should give you a punishment for spying then" he said with an ominous smile as i paled knowing he would work us to death.

"No no no, please don't you'll kill us"

"Only joking, relax, but you should work on your sneaking skills. If I were an enemy, you'd be dead already" he said before walking out of the doors whilst waving at us. We stood there in an awkward silence before I grabbed her hand, causing her to jump before she held on tightly and smiled as I pulled her outside and into the city.

We spent the next few hours walking around the city, admiring its beauty and how I never realised that the food sold here was beyond amazing. It was safe to say that I had my eyes opened to the beauty of this place. Tess and I also got closer than before as I found a new sense of joy that I hadn't experienced before when I was with her and I smiled more in that day then I had in a long time. As the day dwindled down we returned to the mansion, only for tess to say that she had to go the academy as she had remembered something that she had do too. I waited, expecting her to quick and would return soon, an hour turned into two, then to three as I realised something was horribly wrong and quickly left with silvie in her dragon form...

A short one for today cause I'm tired but I'll have another up tomorrow