Chapter 20 Sarina's Past

No-ones POV

Back at camp the girls and Sarina are setting up tents and a fire pit, after Vee finishes making her tent she starts working on the fire pit and sets the wood on fire making a warm fire for everyone, she then looks over at Sarina and sees that they haven't even gotten half way done "ok thats it" Vee thinks as she goes over to Sarina.

"Alright whats wrong with you? I know something is wrong dont hide it" "its nothing really ill feel better soon" Sarina said "i thought i said not to hide it" "'sigh' you're not going to let this go are you?" Sarina asks "nope" Vee says "fine" Sarina says. They both go back to the fire and the others are already sitting around it, tents fully up. "ok Sarina talk whats wrong with you?" Larrith asks "its a long story but if you guys really want to know then ill have to go back to when i was a kid".

"i was born into the royal family my proper name is Princess Sarina Rowan Theirin, i am the youngest child to king Maric and Queen Rowan. My brother was prince Cailan and he was my twin. When i was 8 maybe 9 i got sick very very sick my parents took me to the circle to heal me but the mages told us that my sickness was incurable, they said it was cancer and that i didn't have long" Sarina looked at the girls and saw shock on their faces "everyday i got worse and worse till one day i went to sleep and awoke in the Fade and there was a wolf spirit in front of me. He told me that he could save me but at a price, he would possess my body and lie dormant within, obviously at that age i was confused and i agreed.

When i woke up my parents, brother and a bunch of templars where around me, turns out that when i said yes to the spirit i woke up but the spirit was in control and explained to everyone that he was saving my life, no one liked that except my brother he managed to persuade my parents to let me live but my parents didn't want me around them, they feared that my wolf would hurt someone.

"what did they do?" Marilla asked "they sent me to Redcliffe where my uncle Arl Eamon raised me till i was 19. That's when Lady Isolde appeared she found out and she kicked me out of Redcliffe's castle and that's when Duncan came into my life, he was in Denerim looking for recruits and i signed up"

"did you tell him about your wolf?" Rose asked "yes i did and he still welcomed me into the ranks. 3 years later the blight had started and it all started in the Korcari Wilds at fort Ostagar" "i know that place my home used to be there before it was destroyed" Vee says while stroking Fir ,in his cat form, on her lap. "im sorry about that" Sarina Said to which Vee smiled and told Sarina to continue "so the Grey Wardens, myself and Duncan included went to Ostagar to fight and that's when i met Cailan who was now the king after my father died we spent time catching up with each other but then the battle started as a horde of Darkspawn approached. Duncan had informed me to reach the top of a look out tower to light the signal for Thyrn Loghain's men to flank the darkspawn" "who's Loghain?" Marilla asked "he's Cailan's father-in-law and my father's best friend. So i managed to light the signal but Loghain withdrew his men and abandoned the battle for reasons i dont know and frankly when i find him ill kill him myself" "sounds like he deserves it" Rose said.

"what about now, where's your wolf?" Larrith asked "my wolf had warned me that if he ever returned to the fade he'd be ripped from me and be trapped there till i found him but i'll never find him, the fade is infinite" Sarina said looking at their hands sadly "actually there may be a way" Vee said she reaches into her bag and pulls out a large black book "i found this in the first enchanters office back in the tower" "you stole that?" Marilla asks "yeah" Vee says with a grin "anyway i was reading it while walking to here and i read that abominations will always be connected to the spirit or demon that has possessed them even if they are ripped apart" Vee says as she flips pages "i could use that connection to find the wolf and send you directly to him" "you can do that?"Sarina asks "yeah but it'll drain me badly after but im willing to do it" "well what are we waiting for? Larrith said "ok Sarina i need you to go to sleep so your mind will enter the fade" Vee said "no problem one thing about me is im good at falling asleep cause its my favorite thing" "hey that's my favorite thing to do too" they all laugh and as Sarina drifts to sleep they hear their friends laughing till nothing.

In the fade

When they hear nothing they open their eyes to be in the Fade and In front of them is a beautiful spirit of a wolf

"oh my Maker, there you are" Sarina said "Sarina we dont have a lot of time i can sense  demons approaching they must have felt your presence" the wolf said "well lets go then possess me" but just before the wolf can possess Sarina it get thrown t...

"oh my Maker, there you are" Sarina said "Sarina we dont have a lot of time i can sense demons approaching they must have felt your presence" the wolf said "well lets go then possess me" but just before the wolf can possess Sarina it get thrown to the side and a demon grabs Sarina from behind "LET GO OF THEM THEY ARE MINE!" the wolf shouts "this human is MY key to leaving this place and you wont stop me wolf" the demon says "you cant possess me without my saying so, so let me go before i kill you" Sarina warns the demon "id like to see you try without your weapons hahaha" the demon mocks "yeah yeah laugh all you want chuckles" Sarina says "argh what the.." the demon stumbles back as Sarina steps away pulling their sword out of the demons chest "im not some typical human i know more about the fade then regular people" Sarina says "Sarina we dont have time to mock the demon i fell a nightmare demon approaching" the wolf says "oh crap hurry up then and posse..." the wolf doesn't even take a second to let Sarina finish their sentence before it leaps into their chest and gets absorbed by Sarina. "well im screwed" the demon thought as Sarina turned eyes glowing a bright blue.

Back in the real world

the girls watch as Sarina slips into sleep rose, Marilla and Larrith watch as Vee's tattoos glow as she works on connecting Sarina to their wolf, suddenly Vee falls onto her back and the other three run over "Vee are you alright?" they all ask "ugh yeah im fine i found the wolf and sent Sarina to him but it drained me badly, im exhausted" "get some sleep Vee you'r magic needs to replenish itself" Fir say to Vee "yeah ill just take a quick nap here" Vee says not even a second later she's asleep "well now what?" Rose asks "you guys get Sarina's tent up for them, and ill start making rabbit stew" Larrith said as she walks over to her bag getting ingredients "alright i guess well go do that" Rose said.

As Marilla and Rose are making Sarina's tent for them Marilla asks "do you think Sarina is ok or they'll be ok at least?" "im sure they'll be fine i mean chances are if they met any demons they'll beat the demons butts in" Rose says "hehe yeah probably" as the two of them finish up they go back and sit around the fire with Larrith still cooking and Sarina and Vee still knocked out Lucille and Fir asleep next to Vee and Carinus curled up asleep next to Sarina "how do you think they got those elemental abilities?" Marilla asks while stroking Omnia in her lap "i dont know they shouldn't be able to do that. Wyverns have no connection to elemental abilities, i mean Deltas a wyvern yet he dosen't have any abilities like that" Larrith said while looking at Delta whos sitting on top of Larrith's tent.

Upon hearing that Athena perks up and flies over to Delta and bites him on the leg to which Delta snaps at her and she flies back to Rose and curls up to sleep "what the heck was that Athena?" Rose asks her but she sound asleep to answer just then Vee stirs and opens her eyes and sits up "hey Vee how are you feeling?" Larrith asks "good i fell a bit better" "thats good dinner is nearly ready so get rea..." "someone say dinner?" a voice said and they all turn to see Sarina sitting up hugging a happy looking Carinus to their chest "Sarina you'r awake!" Marilla says "am i?" Sarina says looking around in shock then sticks their tongue out at the others making everyone laugh "is your wolf alright?" Vee asks "yeah hes fine hes back and i feel better than ever" Sarina says and then they all enjoy a nice meal before going to sleep awaiting the journey the must take the next day to Orzammar the underground city of dwarves.