Chapter 7-What Remains of Lothering

Vees POV

As the sun started to rise over the tree line,  I began to wake up just to see Fir directly in my face "MAKER! Get out of my face Fir" I said while pushing him away "caw caw" "whatever" as I sat up I looked around to see Sarina, Larrith and Marilla are already awake and packing up the camp.

"Morning everyone. What are we going to do first?" I asked everyone " morning Vee. First we need to go to Lothering for some supplies" Sarina said not looking up from the bag she was packing.

"I thought Lothering was destroyed?" I said "no only half of the village is gone" Sarina told me "oh".

As I got up I noticed that Rose was nowhere to be seen "hey do you guys now where Rose is?" I asked "yeah she's over at the trees" Marilla said "why is she over there?" I asked "she said she can't be caught in the sunlight as she will get severely burnt" Larrith said.

"Huh so she is unable to walk in the sunlight" I thought.
Once we had everything packed we all walked over to Rose who was still in the shadows of the trees.
"Sorry I couldn't help pack guys" Rose said "nah it's fine, we wouldn't want you to get hurt like that" Marilla said with a smile. "We should probably get going. Unless we want to run into any Darkspawn" Sarina said. "No thanks" Larrith said and Delta made a soft growling sound as if agreeing with her.

As we started heading off Sarina took the lead and we all trailed closely behind her. "Has anyone noticed that Sarina's armour has a griffen on the front? It looks so cool" Rose said "yeah, but I'm also wondering how she is going to be training us?" Larrith questioned.

Suddenly Sarina stopped walking and turned around to face us. "Ok just to clarify, the plan is to go to Lothering and get supplies and weapons, I will be training you on our journey, and secondly I am non-binary, I'm not a she or a he" "oh sorry" Larrith apologized "no need to apologize, you didn't know but I just wanted you guys to know" they said and then they started to lead us again.

After a while I went to go catch up with Sarina "so how long have you been a Grey Warden?" I asked "since I was sixteen. Why?" They asked "no reason" I said "what do you have to do to become a Grey Warden?" I asked "sorry Vee I can't tell you. We Grey Wardens have a few secrets we can't let anyone know about" "why?"

"Cause if everyone knew people would either try the secrets to become one of us or they would start to fear us. So it's a zip when it comes to Grey Warden crap" "how long has it been since you became a Grey Warden?" I asked even though I desperately wanted to know the secrets. "I have been a Warden for almost ten years now" "really? Wow" "got any more questions" Sarina asked with a smirk on her face "um how do you know Arl Eamon?" "I know him cause he raised me since I was young till I was coming up to my sixteenth and then my mentor Duncan recruited me into the Wardens" "why would he recruit a sixteen year old?" "That is something I prefer not to talk about" they said, the smirk fading from their face.

After a while of walking another question pops its way into my head "hey Sarina?" "Yeah" "how did you know and how long?" "About being non-binary? Um I've known for a while" she said "how longs a while?" "I don't want to talk about sorry" she said "there was something that they seem to be avoiding about their past" I thought.

After a few minutes of walking we came to the edge of the trees and saw Lothering half destroyed and another alive but not much better. As we started the walk to the village Rose stopped us all.

"Hey guys,  you all go ahead ill meeting you all later cause I can't walk in the sun and it will be hours till the sun goes down" " nope, here take this" Sarina said piping the P as she pulled what looked like a cloak of some kind out of her bag. "Oh, um  thanks Sarina" Rose said as she wrapped the cloak around her making sure that none of her skin was showing "no problem, come on we have a couple shops to stop at before we leave" Sarina said.