Chapter 15 Redcliffe (Part 2)

Previously on chapter 14:

"STAND YOUR GROUND, DON'T LET THEM WIN" Bann Teagan yells "oh Maker, here we go" I think to myself just as the mist reaches the village.

Now on chapter 15

Larriths POV

Once the mist reached the barricades within the village it stopped spreading but something kept moving forward within the mist and once it stepped out I realised that this was going to be one heck of a fight as an army of the walking dead step out, carrying swords and daggers, and move in for the kill.

"oh my maker! How are we going to fight all of them?!" Marilla asks "j-just remember what Sarina says, use the environment around you and don't let up" Rose reminds us.

As the walking dead drew closer the Redcliffe archers fire burning arrows and I notice Marilla moving to stand closer to the archers as to do the same, Vee moves over to her and tells her something before suddenly I hear Bann Teagan "THE ARROWS ARE NOT STOPPING THEM, MEN BE READY TO FIGHT".

And he was right more and more just keep coming out the mist and Rose and I draw our weapons and our fight begins.

I move in to kill a walking corpse while it's back is turned but my lance dosent strike as the corpses arm comes out and grabs my lance "oh crap" I think and the corpse draws a dagger from it rotten belt and attempts to slash at me but before it could Delta swops in and grabs the corpses wrist and starts to ferociously rip it apart. "Good job Delta" I say to him to which he gives a nod and flys off to help others who need it.

I scanned the fight and saw Vee and marilla standing back to back and fighting and Fir was in his cat form and jumping at corpses and slashing at their eyes "remind me not to get on his bad side" I think and I then notice Rose fighting along side a bunch of Redcliffe soldiers but what I suddenly noticed was that their wyverns weren't with them so I frantically looked around and saw all three of them sitting on a corpse, looking triumphant, and the corpse had claw and bite marks all over it which made me chuckle a little.

The fight kept going and the walking dead grew smaller until  there was no more "is that all of them? Did we win?" Vee asks as we regroup together "no that was just the begining these fights last until the morning" Bann Teagan decides to tear down the triumphant moment.

Just then I see not an army but a horde of walking dead far bigger then the army we just fought "oh come on! Not even a little break ?!" Rose complains.

"HERE COMES THE HORDE BE READY" I hear Bann Teagan shot as he runs to the barricades "oh great, ok, let's do this" Vee says.

Within seconds the horde reaches the barracades and piles out of the mist and starts attacking and the fight begins again.

"THIS FIGHT WILL BE THE LAST FOR THESE CORPSES" Bann Teagan yells to his men  but I looked around and saw a lot of his men getting overrun and killed or injured "I don't think this fight will be as easy to win as the last one" I told the girls and they all nodded we ran over to as many men that needed help and once I got to a group of men I stood my ground and fought the corpses but it was getting harder and harder as more and more kept coming out of the mist "dame it! I guess I better turn now" I pushed a corpse away and dropped my lance "what are you doing girl we need you to fight!" one of the men shouted, but I didn't listen.

As I was turning a corpse ran towards me with a dagger raised but it didn't have time to strike as I had turned into a bear and pounced on it ripping it apart I kept running around killing as many corpses but the horse just kept getting bigger.

"MEN RETREAT TO THE CHANTRY!" Bann Teagan shouts to his men then runs over to me and the girls "Why are you pulling you men out?" Rose asks "look around most of my men are either dead or injured!" and he was right so we started to retreat but Marilla notices something "*gasp* the wyverns there still fighting!" "oh my god we need to help them!" Vee says.

So I ran over to the wyverns in my bear form and protected them before they could get overwhelmed and the girls picked them up and turned to leave suddenly a large familiar wolf leaps over them and onto my back then jumps into the horde and I see a baby wyvern jumping oover to us.

"Sarina just jumped into the horde!" Marilla says so we all fight but I notice that the more we fight the thinner the horde is getting. After minutes of fighting the sun starts to slowly creep over the hills and the mist starts to disappear and I shift back into my human form.

" How the heck did we win? I thought for sure we wouldn't" I said "I don't know, I guess with Sarina's help we did it" Vee says "speaking of which where are they?" Maria asks "right here and I must say I'm impressed with you guys" i see them walking towards us and they look like they don't even have a scratch on them.

"Glad you made it to the fight Sarina" Rose says "yeah sorry it took so long. My wolf, for some reason, was struggling to come out, we think that there is something here that was interfering with the shift" "well let's be glad we made it through the night" Bann Teagan says while walking over to us.

"Grey Wardens I am so glad you all survived, but I must speak with you all urgently but it can wait for now go and get seen to by a healer if you must but come and talk with me as soon as you can please" Bann Teagan says then walks away.

"Do any of you need to see a healer?" Sarina asks "no I'm ok" I said "me too" Marilla, Rose and Vee say "how are the wyverns?" I asked and the girls and Sarina all checked to see and they where all fine "I suppose we should go and talk to Bann Teagan then? " Rose asks "I suppose so but I don't think he is wanting to talk to us to celebrate and hand out cookies" Sarina says and we start walking towards Bann Teagan with our wyverns on our shoulders and Fir on Vees.