Chapter 6 - The Grey Warden

Sarina's POV.

After I introduced myself to the four I noticed them all staring at me

"what's wrong, you guys look like you've seen a ghost?"
"Y-you have an arrow in your shoulder" the girl with blue and black hair said.

And I did indeed. It seemed the arrow stayed in my shoulder through the fight. "Dame it! I was hoping it would fall out, guess my luck never happens" as I go to touch it the girl with the dragon looking creature said "we should probably find someone to heal that"

"Nah it'll be fine" I said. I then grabbed the arrow and pull it out "*hiss* dame, always hurts more coming out then actually getting shot" "why did you do that?" The girl with brown hair said "it'll heal" I said holding my hand up to the wound.

"Wait a minute, did you say you where a Grey Warden?" The girl with lilac hair asked "yeah, what about it?" "I've heard of Grey Wardens. Aren't they an ancient group of warriors that destroyed the blight 800 years ago and before. But then they where exiled from Ferelden because they posed a threat to the royal family" she summarised.

"Wow, you know your stuff. But yes that's what happened 800 years ago but they never actually posed a treat to the royal family. The king was just scared of what they could do." I said "well why are you guys back if you where exiled?" Asked the girl with brown hair "we came back because of the blight slowly starting to spread. We came here to hopefully stop it at Ostagar but that did not happen"

"Sad as it is the past is the past, you should look to the future and try and see what is to come" a voice said.

I went to draw my sword but the voice stopped me before I could "there is no need for the sword" the voice said as an elderly looking lady walked out of the shadows of the trees "I must say this forest hasn't seen much action for a long time, yet when you five come in chaos is everywhere" she said.

"Who are you?" I asked "Names are pretty but useless. The Chasind folk call me Flemeth. I suppose it will do". "Wait you mean your THE Flemeth? From the legends?" The girl with lilac hair said "um would you care to explain Vee?" The girl with brown hair asked "they say Flemeth is a powerful Apostate who left her husband for a lover, but her husband then tricked her, killed her lover and imprisoned her, then a spirit of vengeance came to help her"

"Haha I'm sure one day someone will explain your life story with ease as well" Flemeth said

"Um thanks? I guess" Vee said. "Your welcome, but you must know Grey Warden that this blight is bigger than you realise" Flemeth said as she turned to me "ok two things. One, how do you know I'm a Grey Warden? and two, what do you mean?" I asked

"I mean the blight is either more or less, or perhaps there is no blight at all. Hahaha. Oh do not mind me. And your armour told me who you where" "Dame it really does doesn't it, with the Griffen and such" I thought

"Soooo what should we do" the girl with brown hair said "clearly we should do something, you know"

"Marilla, even if we could do something, none of us can truly fight Darkspawn, let alone a blight" the girl with the dragon said. "Well you lot are in luck cause I could actually do with a little help to stop the blight" I said "ok then, that's said" I thought.

"If theres a chance to help people and stop the monsters that destroyed my home, I'm in" the brown haired girl said "come on Rose, how are we going to fight them, think about it" the one with the wyvern said.

"Well you girls do happen to be in the presence of someone who could help you four" Flemeth said. Then as it seemed the four of them looked at me as in remembering that I am indeed a Grey Warden.

"Yep but uh if you guys really wanna help that would be great but it's alright if you really don't want too" I said.
They all looked at eachother as if trying to figure out whether or not to join. After a few seconds they turned to me. "Well as I said, earlier, I'm in" Rose said "me too" Vee said "Same as me" Marilla said "what about you Larrith?" Vee asked the girl with the Wyvern "Yeah alright why not" "yay" Marilla exclaimed happily.

"But there is a problem how can the five of us stop a blight?" Larrith asked. "Well dame I didn't think of that yet" I thought. "Surely the Wardens have allias to call upon" Flemeth questioned.

"OF COURSE! The Grey Warden Treaties, we could call upon the Dwarves, Elves and Mages to help us" I almost shouted. "Is their anyone else we could get help from?" Marilla asked.

"Hmm, he could help too I guess. Hopefully" I thought. "I suppose we could try and get help from Arl Eamon, the Arl of Redcliffe" I suggested. "Do you really think he'll help?" Rose asked "I know the Arl, if anyone can help he can." I said

"I might be old but Dwarves, Elves, Mages, this Arl Eamon, this sounds like an army to me" Flemeth said "so could we do it, raise an army to help the Grey Wardens?" Marilla asked "seems like it could work, but only if Sarina thinks it's a good idea" Larrith said. All. Five then turned to me for an answer. "I suppose it could work, but they'll need A LOT if training" " thought you wanted to find the traitor" the voice said "of course I do but the Darkspawn should be our primary target" "do you really think they'll help after finding out what happened" it said "of course they will, now shut up" "I think it would be a good idea but you four will require some bits of training to fight against the Darkspawn" I said.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. Now I must take my leave but I wish you luck Grey Wardens and maybe we'll meet in the future" Flemeth said as she walked away "wait hold on what did you mean be Grey Wardens" the five all shouted after her but she was gone.

"Well I guess we better set up camp for the night and get started on our journey tomorrow" I said "I've never been on a journey before. I think this will be fun" "fighting Darkspawn isn't really what I'd call fun" I said "no not the fighting part just the traveling part" she said smiling "I guess".

After a while we got set up with a campfire and a few tents I brought from Ostagar. While trying to get sleep, one question kept playing over and over in my head

"How am I going to train a bunch of girls who don't even know the ultimate danger of fighting Darkspawn let alone the bloody Archdemon?"