Chapter 1-The Selkie

On the shores of lake Calenhad there lay a beautiful seal.
Passers by would look at her but all they would see is a sea creature but little did they know this seal was rare and extraordinary.

For she was a Selkie.

A seal who could turn into a beautiful girl, who was simply studying all the people around her looking for the perfect target. Someone who contains something shiny and valuable, for she loves shiny stuff even though she regrets it afterwards but she can't help it but steal stuff.

Finally she see a girl with pitch black, midnight hair, and dark chocolate eye, fiddling with a very shiny amulet.

"There! She'll be my target."

She then moves over to the girl.
"Oh!" Exclaimed the girl when she sees a grey seal with large black eye starting at her. "Hi there little fella" she says placing the amulet in her pocket.
She then walks off
"This is my chance" the Selkie thought. When the girls back was turned the Selkie transformed into a human girl with fairly pale (almost pearl-like) skin, blue/black hair and really large black eyes. She then sneeked her way up behind the girl with black hair and skillfully pick-pocket the amulet.
"Yes" thought the Selkie. She then runs to the water as fast as she can.
"HEY THATS MY AMULET!" Shriked the girl. When the Selkie hit the water of Lake Calenhad she immediately turned into her seal form.

After getting back to her cave she examines the amulet. "Really Marilla" a little fish said "I thought you were trying to change your ways" "I can't help it Milo" Marilla replied. Milo is a little rainbow fish who has been Marilla's friend for years along with his brother Ollie. "I know but please you almost got caught this and last time. I don't like the thought of losing you to those pathetic humans" said Milo sadly. "Hey you won't lose me, I promised you. And besides you and Ollie are like my brothers I'll never leave you guys" "and we'll never leave you Marilla" Milo then smiled up at his best friend happily.

"So what was so special about this amulet" Milo asks ""it was shiny" Marilla says shrugging her seal shoulders "that's not what I meant" they both look at the amulet studying it then suddenly another little rainbow fish comes swimming quickly into the cave looking terrified. "Ollie what is it?" asks Milo and Marilla at the same time "*pant**pant* I was swimming around*pant* minding my*pant* own business when suddenly*pant*I was attacked by a bigger fish" he says "WHAT!" Marilla exclaims for noone messes with her brother and gets away with it.

She the fiercely swam out of the cave to give the bigger fish a piece of her mind but it had gotten late and the lake was too dark for her to see properly. She'll have to wait till morning. She then swam back into the cave "I'll have to deal with that piece of" "Marilla!" Milo reminds her, Marilla then clears her throat "garbage in the morning" "yeah it's late we should get some sleep" Millo says "I agree" says Ollie "see you guys in the morning" Marilla wishes her little brothers a good night then goes to bed herself.

~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~

The next morning Marilla wakes up early as normal to go hunt for food for herself and her brothers. She looks over and as normal her two best friends ,who could practically be classed as her brothers, seeing as the three of them are inseperable, are still asleep next to each other, she then swims out of the cave to start her hunt.

About an hour later she finally catches a fish for herself. She then swims down to the seaweed that was growing and plukes so weeds for her brothers.
But as she starts to head back to the cave she saw something, it looked like a human? "but that's impossible! Noone could get this far down! The lake is too deep!" She watches the figure move around the bottom of the lake easily, then she notices more and more are appearing from every direction, everywhere.

That's when she realises that these aren't people

There Darkspawn!

Creatures that kill without mercy and who will not stop till they have killed every living thing around them.
She then turns around dropping everything on her to swim as fast as she can to warn her brothers but by the time she get home it's too late there she saw her worst nightmare,

Everything around the cave was dead because of the Darkspawn blight and in the midst of the death she saw to rainbow fish floating next to each other. Unmoving. She shrieks and in doing so catches the attention of some Darkspawn who immediately start to attack her. She swims with all her might away from them and to the surface for she knew her brothers would want her to live to fight another day.

When she reaches the surface she immediately turns into her human self and runs as fast as she can away from the lake to the nearby village but the village was also gone destroyed by the Darkspawn and the blight. "Oh Maker! What is happening?!" She turns in the other direction from the village and the lake she once called home and ran and ran till she couldn't run anymore.

About ten minutes later she stopped to take a rest and while taking a rest, with tears pouring out of her eyes, she never noticed the person walk up behind her
"are you ok?"