Chapter 5 - 4 strangers?

Rose's pov.

"Are you ok?" I asked the crying girl. "y-yeah, I'm ok" she said "ok, yeah, sure. Its not like your crying your eyes out or anything" I said sarcastically. She then looked at me with her blood shot eyes,
"She must have been crying for a while" I thought "what's wrong?" I asked her.

"*Sniff* it's nothing" she said. "Ok then. My name's Rose by the way. What's yours?"
"Marilla" she said "that's a nice name. Where are you from?" I asked her. "Lake Calenhad" she replied while looking at the ground. "Really Lake Calenhad?" "Yeah but I would rather not talk about it"
"Why not?" I asked really curious as to how a person can come from a large bed of water.

"I just don't want to. Please don't ask" "alright. I'll stop asking but how are you able to live near the lake? The area around it is unlivable"
"I guess i could tell you, you seem really nice. Um I actually lived in the lake due to me being a Selkie"

"A Selkie?" I asked "I've heard of your kind before. Nothing bad though just that Selkies like to steal stuff. Is that right?". Merilla then giggled at what I said "yeah my kind really do like shiny stuff so we can't really help but to steal really shiny things"

I smiled thinking of the shiny devices I made back home. But now remembering home is not a nice thought.

"Hey Merrilla, do you wanna stick together for awhile? Maker knows what might happen with Darkspawn running around." I asked.

"You really want me to stick arpund with you" she asked.
"Yeah of course. You seem like a really nice person and from earlier when you where crying you seem like you might need some company" I said and I meant it.

"Um yeah I think it would be fun, your really nice Rose" she complimented.

"Great but we should probably try and find somewhere to stay tonight cause I don't really want to sleep out in the open with Darkspawn running around everywhere" I suggested. "I agree with you we should definitely find somewhere".

We started walking around the forest to hopefully find somewhere and after about an hour of walking and getting to know eachother better we came across a ruin that looked like it had seen a lot in its time. "This should be good to spend the night" I said but as we walked into the ruins we came across two girls one with purple hair and strangers marking on her body and the other with a dragon looking creature on her shoulder. They where both looking at use.

______________________________
Vees POV

"So are you going to attack me or what?" the mysterious woman asked "not unless you give me a reason to attack" I responded.

We watched eachother for a bit but neither of us looked like we where going to move.

"Well we clearly aren't going to get anywhere like this" I said "so let's start over shall we. My name's Vale but just call me Vee and this is Fir. He's a familiar. Now who are you?" I then lowered my wand and waited for the woman to respond "Why do you want to know?" She asked "because if we keep pointing at eachother for eternity, then we might as well get to know eachother" "you make a good point *sigh* alright my name's Larrith and this is my wyvern Delta. Don't piss him off cause he'll attack. Oh and he's very protective of me."she said " why can't you be like that Fir"" I asked him "Caw" he said " WAIT  did you say he was a wyvern? I've heard of those. They are SO cool but is it true they are slowly going extinct?" I asked "Yeah unfortunately they are, thanks to over hunting" Larrith said with what sounded like anger in her voice.

We kept an eye on eachother for a bit when Fir spoke up."Caw caw" Fir said "Seriously *sigh* yeah ok you right"

"What's wrong?" Larrith asked "he's just saying that maybe we should work together to find somewhere to spend the night" I said "wait night?" Larrith looked up at the sky and noticed that it was indeed getting darker.