Poorly baby. (maybe triggering in Carters POV)

Phoebe

"I know princess, mummy's here," I cooed as I picked Jess up for the hundredth time today. She was so sick and it was starting to worry me. She'd been throwing up for the last 12 hours. I think the longest break we had between each one was 4 hours and that was a blessing honestly. Not only was she throwing up but she had a headache, her whole body was hurting her and she had diarrhoea. She was honestly just a mess.

"Mummy it hurts," she cried and buried her head into my neck.

"I know princess, there's nothing else mummy can do now though," I replied, stroking her back.

"N-no mummy. It really hurts." She sat up on my lap and held her belly. I pouted and touched it softly then pressed but she screeched and moved my hand away. "No mummy. Owie," she huffed and then flopped back onto me but winced in pain. I sighed, held her as tight as she'd let me and took my phone from my pocket, finally deciding to call 111.

Great. An ambulance was on its way to take her to the hospital. I held her tighter before kissing her head and lifting her up. She groaned in pain and my heart went out to her.

"Can we head upstairs quickly, baby? Mummy needs to pack you a few things," I asked softly to her.
"Pwack mama? We go holiday?"

I couldn't help but giggle. "No princess. We need to go make sure your belly is okay. A special truck is coming to get us!" I said, picking her up and taking her with me upstairs.

"Mummy?" she whimpered.

"Yes, baby?"

"Am I dying?"

"No. No baby you're not dying." I sat her on the bed and began packing some of her pull-ups, a change of clothes for us both and her teddy along with paci. She lay on my bed, naked and looking so sorry for herself. She had her special bunny in her hand and was rubbing its ear against her nose whilst she sucked her thumb and, as sick as she was, it was an extremely cute sight. I finished getting her bag ready and also grabbed her therapist review sheet. This basically stated that someone she knew had to stay with her in certain places at all times. Occasionally, at the hospital before, they've made me leave as she's not a child and I'm not her parent so this slip told the doctor I had to stay with her, whether they liked it or not. Just as I picked her up again, she winced and hid in my neck whilst trying to clutch her stomach and there was a knock at the door. I walked down the stairs as carefully as I could to try and not jolt her stomach and cause more pain then opened the door. It was the paramedics.

"Hi, come in," I said softly. Jess looked up from my neck and whimpered.

"Dey de doctors?" she asked me gently.

"They are bubs. They'll make you feel better," I whispered, stroking her back.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm Grace. What's your name?" The older looking woman asked, holding her hand out to Jess.

"I Jess."

"That's a very pretty name. Who's this?"

"Dis mummy," Jess smiled gently then rubbed her eyes and put her head back on my shoulder.

Grace giggled and put the back of her hand on Jess' forehead before her face fell.

"Hi mummy, I'm Grace." she laughed and nodded at me.

I laughed and corrected the name choice before telling them the problem.

"Okay, it sounds like it could be appendicitis but we're going to have to get her to the hospital regardless. Her temperature and the pain aren't a good combination. Do you have anything packed for her?" The male paramedic said.