sixteen

"psst, alannah! can i talk to you?" raina questioned, stopping alannah in the bathroom. "sure" alannah agreed as they both walked to the bathroom. "okay, ive decided i wanna keep the baby" raina spoke.

"that's great! have you told james yet?" alannah spoke. "uh no...i was hoping you could help me with that" she smiled, hopefully. "of course i can!" alannah exclaimed.

after school on the wednesday, the two girls made their way to james house with a pizza box. "you sure he isnt home?" alannah confirmed. "nah, he's at band practice" raina spoke, sending a nervous smile.

"telling james isnt even gonna be the hard part....telling my parents is" raina sighed as they walked through the side gate of james' house. "i can help you with that too if you need" alannah offered.

"i think i'll do that one with james" she nodded. "of course! have you told allie yet?" "yeah, but she had to pick her brother up from school so she couldnt come with" raina smiled.

"right! sha'll we dive in this pizza?" alannah asked with a laugh as they reached james' room. "mhm, im hungry" raina agreed, opening the pizza box. they both started with one slice until eventually it was all gone.

"wheres the marker?" raina questioned, digging through her bag. "uh, right here" alannah spoke, pulling it out of her pocket. "what do i write?" raina asked. "uhm...let your imagination run wild" alannah laughed, not really having an idea.

"done" raina spoke, making alannah perk up. "a pizza giving birth?" alannah questioned, holding in her laugh. "hey! youre the one who told me to do whatever" raina jokingly scowled.

"ok, how much time do we have to waste?" alannah questioned, looking at the wall clock. "he should be back at around seven" raina shrugged, laying down on his bed. "mkay...i'll go get the baby doll" alannah nodded.

"ok, ill make the card" raina smiled, sitting back up again. alannah checked the time once more before leaving james and heading back to her own. she entered her house and went straight to the basement.

"alannah?" molly questioned, walking down the steps. "what are you doing?" she questioned, noticing her daughter digging through boxes. "you know those dolls i used to have? where are they?" alannah questioned, looking up.

"did you try checking the box that says 'alannah?'" molly laughed. "oh, right" alannah sheepisly nodded, before standing up. she ventured over to the box and immediately found what she was looking for.

"thanks! i gotta go" alannah smiled, walking past her mother. "where are you going?" she questioned, grabbing alannah's arm. "james....raina's surprising him and she wanted my help" alannah shrugged.

molly looked from the doll and back up to her daughters face. "is she...pregnant?" molly asked, raising her eyebrow. "yeah.." alannah nodded, pursing her lips in a straight line. "mkay, dont be back too late" molly nodded.

alannah quickly thanked her before running out the front door and heading back to james' house. she checked the watch on her wrist and noticed it was almost seven, so she picked up her pace a little.

"there you are!" raina spoke, noticing her best friend. "sorry, my mom started up a conversation with me" alannah smiled, tossing her the doll. "perfect! he should be here any minute" raina nodded, going to look out the window.

"wait! i see him!" raina shouted, as both girls peered out the window. "okay, okay, you ready?" alannah questioned, smirking. "as ready as i'll ever be" raina nervously smiled. raina hid in james' closet while alannah hid in the bathroom a few doors down.

james entered the house, exhausted with his guitar hanging off his shoulder. he kicked off his shoes right away and went straight for his room. when he opened the door, he noticed a pizza box sitting on his bed.

with a smirk, he walked over to the box, just to open it and see not a single slice of pizza. "wheres the fucking pizza" he grumbled, noticing the drawing. he paid no attention to it though and tossed the box on the floor.

alannah took a deep breath before walking to james' door and knocking on it. "come in!" his voice responded, so she cracked open the door. "what are you doing here?" james asked, laying on his bed.

"raina wanted me to give this to you" alannah spoke, walking into his room and handing the card to him. he opened it and read it with furrowed eyebrows. "wait-" "-surprise!" raina exclaimed, jumping out of the closet.

james' eyebrows furrowed even more at the doll in her arms. he looked back and forth between his girlfriend, alannah, and the card. "are you pregnant?" he asked, his eyes wide. eveything had finally clicked.

"yeah" she shyly nodded. "what? that's so amazing!" he spoke, jumping off the bed and engulfing his girl in a hug. all alannah could do was stand and watch everything unfold.

so without a sound, she backed out of the room and made her way out of his house. as she made her way home, she saw a curly haired boy walking down the street, in the opposite direction.

"kirk!" she shouted, gaining his attention. he stopped walking, so she ran to catch up to him. "what are you doing around here?" kirk questioned. "i was just at james' with raina" she explained.

"oh, you going home now?" he smiled. "probably.." she nodded. "i can walk you home if you'd like?" he offered. "i'll be fine, thanks though" alannah nodded with a smile. "okay, see you tomorrow for the presentation" he smirked.

alannah's face dropped. she had forgotten about the project! her and kirk did finish it, she just didnt remember. "right...that" alannah scowled. "are you sure you dont want me to walk you home? i really dont mind" he pressured.

"let me guess...youre not gonna give up until i say yes" alannah laughed. "yeah" he admitted with a shy smile. "ok then, lets go" alannah spoke, grabbing kirk's hand.

"do you wanna maybe go to the arcade on the weekend?" kirk asked, as their arms swung back and forth. "oh! uhm sure" alannah agreed, a sweet smile on her face.