twenty nine

"welcome ladies, you're looking really good alannah" devonte smiled, passing both allie and alannah a beer. "thanks" alannah blushed. devonte just sent her a slight nod and looked over at allie.

alannah took the hint and chuckled. "this is allie, and thats devonte" she introduced. "nice to meet you" devonte smiled. "you too" allie returned.

"well, welcome to the party, feel free to do whatever you want..ill catch up with you guys later" he smiled before turning away, and weaving through the bodies. the house was pretty much packed.

"dang, he's kinda cute" allie whisper-yelled. "i know right!" alannah giggled. "and he said you looked really good!" allie squealed. "hold up, i still have a boyfriend" alannah sighed.

for just this night only, alannah kinda hoped she was free to do whatever. "is it wrong that sometimes i think about being with devonte rather than kirk?" alannah questioned.

"kinda..yeah" allie shrugged. "whatever, lets dance" alannah smiled, grabbing allie's hand. the music was blasting, and the smiles occupying both girls faces were huge.

this is the most fun either alannah or allie had had in a while. and they kinda wished raina was here too. but its best to just live in the moment.

~

the girls chugged back more beers than they could count, and by now, they were hammered. people slowly left the party - probably from boredom. even though nothing about this party was boring at all.

eventually, it was just allie, alannah, devonte, and two of his friends. "im so tired!" alannah groaned, sitting down on a chair. "i dont think either of them are gonna be able to drive home" devonte's friend chuckled.

"yeah, i got that" devonte nodded. "can you help me bring them upstairs?" devonte questioned, looking over at his less drunk friend, chase.

chase nodded and scooped up allie in his arms, while devonte handled alannah. "we can put them in the guest bedroom." chase set down allie who was totally passed out, before leaving the room.

devonte set down alannah, who was still awake - just barely. "devonte?" alannah slurred. "mhm?" he hummed. "i hate my boyfriend...all he does is ignore me and i dont think i like him anymore" alannah drunkenly confessed.

devonte wasnt sure what to do, or say, so he stood there quietly. "and i think i like someone else...do you think i should break up with him?" alannah questioned. "i think you should get some rest" devonte smiled before exiting the room.

in seconds, alannah was out cold.

~

alannah's eyes fluttered open, and she found herself in an unfamiliar room. as she rolled over, she noticed a glass of water and advil on the nightstand. she sighed and sat up, before taking the pill and chugging all of the water.

after sitting there for a few moment, alannah slowly stood up and peered into the hallway. she heard noise coming from downstairs, so she followed the noise, which led into the kitchen.

she sat down at the bar stool, and devonte sent her a look. "how you feeling?" he questioned. "could be better" alannah laughed. "wheres allie?" alannah questioned, noticing the girl she was with last night wasnt there anymore.

"chase brought her home" he shrugged, handing alannah a plate of breakfast. "oh..thanks" alannah smiled, taking a bite of much needed food. "this is so good" alannah moaned, stuffing her mouth with the food.

"thanks" devonte laughed, sitting beside her. they both sat there eating in silence. "i literally cant remember a single thing that happened last night" alannah spoke up.

"really? you drank that much?" devonte questioned. "yeah...i wanted to get a few things off my mind" alannah shrugged. devonte just sat there, as he knew exactly who she was talking about.

"well thanks for the food, but i should head home, before my mom freaks out." "fair enough...see you sometime?" "of course" alannah nodded. she grabbed her purse and slipped out the front door without another sound.

on the drive home, she kept the music volume low. since her headache still wasnt fully improved. she pulled into the driveway, and saw molly's boyfriends car. his name was mike, and he was actually pretty cool.

"im home" alannah spoke, entering the front door. "good! youre alive" mike joked, as the girl entered the living room. "yeah, sorry...i was pretty drunk so devonte let me stay the night" alannah nodded.

"alright, thanks for letting me know" molly smiled to her daughter. "mhm, im gonna go upstairs" alannah smiled before turning around and heading for the stairs.

when she got back into her room, she quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and laid down. not long later, the phone rang, so she brought it up to her ear. "hey girl!" raina spoke from the other side.

"hey! you called at the right time...i just got home" alannah laughed. "ah, how was your night?" raina questioned. "good, i got really drunk though" alannah explained.

"listen...james called this morning and he told me something you might wanna know" raina started. "oh, what is it? is everyone okay?" alannah questioned, a dropped feeling in her stomach.

"lars convinced kirk to...sleep with some random woman" raina spoke. at the moment, she was in complete shock. kirk cheated on her? what the fuck.

"thanks for telling me..." alannah trailed off. "im sorry" raina sighed. "its not your fault" alannah swallowed. "i'll let you go...i love you" raina spoke. "love you too."

alannah set down the phone and gripped her head. was what she heard correct? she wasnt just mad at kirk, she was mad at lars too! he knew kirk was in a relationship, yet he did that anyways.

"alannah! i made lunch if youre hungry" molly yelled from downstairs. alannah sighed out and exited her room. "hey" mike nodded, sipping on a hot mug of coffee.

"hi" alannah sighed, sitting down at the table. "is something wrong?" molly questioned. "uh no, just extremely tired from last night" alannah lied. "oh, alright" molly smiled, sitting down.

as alannah ate, all she could think about was kirk. at least she wouldnt have to see him anytime soon...

when the girl returned upstairs, the phone rang, making her sigh out. she put the phone to her ear and waited for a voice. "hey babe!" kirks voice sounded from the other side. oh great.

( a/n: what if i told y'all there's only one chapter left? )