eighteen

"claire!" a voice shouted, making alannah and kirk look at each other. they werent very far from claires parents, so they exited the rink and walked to the table with the girl.

"mommy! daddy! i made some friends!" claire exclaimed, pointing to the teens. "thats lovely dear...are you ready to go?" her mom questioned, a fake smile clearly on her face.

"but i dont wanna leave!" claire whined. "you know what...i think she's right, its getting late" alannah spoke up, sending a smile to her mom. "okay..." claire sighed, disappointingly.

"go get your stuff" the dad spoke, sending claire off. "hi we should probably introduce ourselves...im alannah and this is kirk" the teen girl spoke, pointing to her partner in crime.

"im martha and this is dave! thank you for skating with claire" martha smiled, nodding her head in approval. "its really no problem! she's a lovely young lady" kirk smiled.

"claire seems to have a liking for both of you...i know this is a lot to ask, but would you like to babysit her sometimes? our work schedules kind of clash sometimes" martha explained.

"oh um" alannah spoke, looking at kirk. "we'd love to" kirk spoke up, making alannah surprised at him saying yes. "oh this is lovely! let me write my number down...dave do you have a pen?" martha asked, looking over at her husband.

he handed her a pen and she pulled out a piece of paper from her bag and began writing on it. soon enough, the folded piece of paper was being slipped into kirk's pant pockets. alannah did the same, and wrote down her number too.

"im back!" claire spoke, standing in between alannah and kirk again. "well its time to go...say goodbye" dave spoke. "bye alannah! bye kirk!" she squealed, hugging both the teens.

"bye" alannah smiled as they began walking away. "ugh i love that girl" alannah spoke, the smile permanently on her face. "me too, she's so sweet...and smart for her age" kirk agreed.

"well wanna do a couple more laps?" kirk asked, having an idea in mind. "sure" alannah agreed. hand in hand, they both re entered the rink and began moving at a medium pace.

"listen...i wanted to ask you something" kirk spoke, feeling his stomach ball up. "sure!" alannah nodded, quickly looking at him before looking back in front of her. "do you wanna be my...girlfriend?" he questioned.

alannah's eyes made contact with his and she was speechless. kirk had finally asked her out! she had been waiting so long for this to happen, and her mind was just going crazy, it wouldnt shut up!

before alannah could speak, she felt a smack, and she was falling to the floor. kirk was immediately by her side, asking if she was okay. "probably shouldve looked where i was going" she sheepishly smiled, realising she ran into the wall.

"yeah...so whats your answer?" kirk smiled. "did you ask me a question?" alannah spoke, furrowing her eyebrows. kirks face dropped and a worried look set upon him.

"did you hit your head too hard? are you okay? maybe we should get you to a hos-" "-im just fucking with you, of course i'll be your girlfriend!" she squealed wrapping her arms tightly around him.

kirk sighed out in relief and returned the gesture. alannah's arms unwrapped from his body and gazed at his lips. they sat there, face to face on the floor while people skated past them with annoyed looks on their faces.

they both leaned in, and their lips touched with such ease. they quickly split apart, not wanting the kiss to get too heated in a public place like this. "so you finally asked me, huh?" alannah smirked.

"claire kinda pressured me to, not gonna lie" he laughed. "ah come here" alannah giggled, pulling him back in for another kiss. "we should probably head home" kirk spoke, as they split apart. "mhm" alannah agreed, completely built up with excitement.

they walked down the street hand in hand, and taking in the warm breeze. "you doing anything tomorrow?" alannah questioned, the sun illuminating her face. "yeah i gotta help my mom with a few things" kirk smiled.

"oh, okay" she smiled, looking at him. "why? did you wanna do something?" he smirked. "nah" alannah giggled, shaking her head. "mkay" kirk laughed as they neared alannah's house.

"well thank you for a very fun day" she giggled, swinging her arms back and forth. "no problem! i had a lot of fun" he agreed. "see ya monday" she spoke before saluting him and walking up the front steps.

"didnt you forget something?" kirk questioned, not moving. "uhm...i dont think so" she spoke, furrowing her eyebrows. kirk's hand moved up to his lips, and alannah rolled her eyes before running back to him.

alannah planted a quick kiss on his lips before walking away again. "that's it?" kirk questioned. "that's it" alannah smirked, opening her front door. she sent one more look to him before entering the house.

"mom! mom! mom!" alannah squealed, running into the living room to find molly passed out on the couch. "hm?" molly hummed, slowly waking up. "kirk asked me to be his girlfriend!" alannah practically screamed.

molly's eyes opened wide, and a smile occupied her face. "he did?" she questioned, sitting up. "yes!" alannah nodded, not being able to wipe the smile off her face. "awe honey, im so happy for you" molly smiled, bringing in her daughter for a big hug.

when molly unwrapped her arms from alannah, her eyes were filled with happiness. "look at you...all grown up" she sadly smiled. "i love you, mom" alannah smiled. "i love you more, sweetie" molly sighed, kissing her forehead.

i'm dropping this a day early just for y'all :)))