Chapter VIII. All Apologies

The days tick by closer and closer towards the day of the tournament... and you feel so alone. 

The only one of the group that's been talking to you is Bobby, and if you had to pick a best friend, he'd probably be it, but you don't want to step on Johnny's toes and steal away his best friend — also, you get along with Tommy a lot, but — you keep having to remind yourself that you aren't on speaking terms, not anymore, so it startles you when he falls into his usual seat beside you in class, flicking your forehead to get your attention "Jimmy's really trying to make up for wanting to keep you safe by the way, honestly — the nerve of that guy," he rolls his eyes and you punch his arm, both done melodramatically "Shut it Thomas," you mutter, but you can't help but smile "Yeah — the nerve of him, it's not like I'm a beginner, but he would have known that if he asked," "Your form sucks and you can't even drop Bobby... sorry, sorry, I'm being petty, I guess I'm still hurt about what you yelled at me," you sigh before apologizing softly "Okay, now you apologize for yelling at me first..." 

the day gets better, since Tommy isn't ignoring you every chance he gets, you guess you're still friends as he asks you over to his house later, and you end up going to the arcade where you totally beat him at every game. He takes the loss like a champ and you end up with a free meal since he pays. 

Over burgers and fries, you watch Tommy dipping a fry into a chocolate milkshake and have to tease him about it being totally gross, but you really want to ask "How's Jimmy?" You watch Tommy munching on the fry before he opens his mouth "He's taking your break up pretty bad, has called about thirty or so times, but you'd know that though if you picked up the phone more — or stopped ignoring it..." you chuck a fry at him which he catches in his mouth "Are you even human?" You mutter as you get up and watch him pay. 

The next day at school, you go find Jimmy.