Chapter 12

(y/n) POV

I wrap the blanket as tight as I can around my body, but no matter how close I get to the fire the cold still seems to seep through my clothes to my skin. I shiver uncontrollably as the fire cracks and pops.

Next to my room I hear the door slam. Curious, I stand and tip toe closer to the door, placing my ear against the wood door. I hear a lock slip into place and footsteps retreat down the hall. Carefully I open the door and slip silently into the hall. I see Hans disappear around a corner and follow quietly. I stop and watch as he changes his posture to one of heartbreak before pushing open a door. I tip toe as close as I dare and listen to the conversation in the room.

"Prince Hans!"

"Princess Anna is... dead." I hear Han's voice say. I cover my mouth to stop any noise to give away my location.

"What...?"

"What happened to her?" I hear the familiar voice of the duke speak up.

"She was killed by Queen Elsa." Hans says.

'No. She didn't mean to. Oh Anna.'

"No! Her own sister." the duke says.

"At least we got to say our marriage vows...before she died in my arms." Hans says.

Something doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it was the way he changed his posture before entering, or the fact that he locked the door behind him, but something in me is calling Prince Hans a royal liar.

"There can be no doubt now, Queen Elsa is a monster and we are all in grave danger." The duke says, his voice filled with venom.

"Prince Hans, Arendelle looks to you." An unfamiliar voice says.

"With a heavy heart, I charge Queen Elsa of Arendelle with treason and sentence her to death." Hans says.

I place both hands over my mouth as tears stream down my face. No! Death. I release a shuddering breath and quickly make my way back the way I came, looking over my shoulder constantly. Cold stabbing pain shoots through my body and I almost fall but steady myself on the wall. I notice ice starting to creep up the walls and the temperature drops. I keep going trying to get back to Anna.

I turn the corner and see Olaf with his carrot nose in the key hole. "Olaf?"

"Oh, hi (y/n)." he says before the door clicks open. We enter and see Anna on the floor, her hair white as snow.

"Anna!" Me and Olaf say.

I kneel down as Olaf rushes to start a fire. I wrap my blanket around Anna and help her over to the fire. We sit together by the fire and Olaf looks at us.

"So, where's Hans? What happened to your kiss?" He asks.

"I was wrong about him. It wasn't true love." Anna says bitterly. My hunch was right.

"But we ran all the way here?" Olaf says.

"Please, Olaf, you can't stay here, you'll melt." Anna says.

"I am not leaving here until we find some other act of true love to save you. Both of you." Olaf sits behind us to shield himself from the fire. "So any ideas?"

"(Y/n) we could try to get you to Elsa." Anna suggests.

"No Anna, I'm not leaving you either. Besides, we'd never make it anyway." I say.

"Any other ideas?" Olaf asks.

"I don't even know what love is." Anna says.

"That's okay, I do. Love is putting someone else's needs before yours. Like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here to Hans and left you forever." Olaf says.

Anna stares into the fire, realization filling her eyes. She locks eyes with me and I smile.

"Kristoff loves me?"

"Wow, you really don't know anything about love, do you?" Olaf says move in front of us. The fire begins to melt him and he pushes his nose back in place.

"Olaf, you're melting." Me and Anna say.

"Some people are worth melting for." Olaf smiles. "Just maybe not right this second!" he says as his face begins melting at a faster rate. Suddenly the window bursts open and a cold wind nearly blows our fire out. Me and Anna instantly shiver. "Don't worry, I've got it!" He shouts as runs over to the window and jumps up on the bench below the window. He closes one and reaches to close the other. "We're going to get through..." He pauses as if noticing something in the distance. "Oh, wait. Hang on. I'm getting something." He breaks an icicle to use it as a telescope. "It's Kristoff and Sven! They're coming back this way." He says excitedly.

"They... they are?" Anna asks, looking hopeful.

Olaf looks back out the window. "Wow, he's really moving fast. I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn't love you enough to leave you behind."

"Help me up, (y/n). Please." Anna asks.

I nod and begin pushing myself to my feet.

Olaf rushes over to us, "No, no, no, no, no. You two need to stay by the fire and keep warm."

"Olaf, she needs to get to Kristoff." I say.

"Why?" Me and Anna look at Olaf before he realizes and begins jumping around excitedly. "Oh, I know why! There's your act of true love right there! Riding across the fjords like a valiant, pungent reindeer king!"

Olaf helps me and Anna up, "Come on!"

I look up to see large ice spikes forming on the ceiling getting dangerously close to us. "Look out!" I shout as we rush out the room only for the hall to get cut off by more ice spikes. We turn around only for that way to also be closed off. "Where do we go?" I ask, catching myself on the wall before I can fall.

"We're trapped." Olaf says as he looks around.

I hold my hands close to my chest as the cold sinks in deeper. "Elsa."