Chapter 18

The ride was long and yet it felt longer with Olaf's constant trivia. For the most part, I tuned out what he was saying as I reached into my pocket to fiddle with the paper. The crystal I hung around my neck so I wouldn't lose it. Elsa sat next to me in the back of the wagon while Anna and Kristoff sat in the front together. 

In the distance, we could see the North mountain and on top, the beautiful ice castle shined in the moonlight. I nudged Elsa's shoulder and pointed to the castle. She smiled softly before looking at me and taking my hand in hers. Her gaze falls to my neck where the crystal hung from its leather cord. 

"What's this?" She asked.

"Oh, it was my mother's I found it and decided to bring it along," I say taking my hand out of my pocket and placing it over the crystal. "I don't know why, I just thought having a part of her with me would help with whatever we find in the forest."

Elsa nods before gasping and reaching under her shirt collar. I stare at her with curiosity as she pulled out a golden chain followed by a small round locket. I gasp as I recognize it. It was the locket I gave her all those years ago when Anna's memory of magic was wiped. 

"You-you kept it?" I ask as I reach out to touch the cold metal.

"Of course I did. I've been wearing it since that night. And you were right, it did help with some of the fear." Elsa says with a smile.

I laugh. "I told you." 

We continue to hold hands under the stars as the wagon moves along, listening to Olaf's rambling. After a few more hours of it though we were all starting to get annoyed.

"Did you know sleeping quietly on long journies prevents insanity?" Kristoff snaps after having enough of Olaf's constant yapping. Sometimes I curse the fact that he doesn't have lungs to tire his voice.

Olaf laughs, "Yeah that's not true."

"Oh, it is," Kristoff says.

"It's true." Anna agrees.

"Definitely true," Elsa adds. 

"No, it's the truth." I pipe up.

"Well, that was unanimous. But I will look it up when we get home." Olaf declares before finally going to sleep.

I thank the stars above for the quiet and lay down next to Elsa. We cuddle together to save room on the wagon. I push a strand of hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. "Good night." 

"Good night, y/n," Elsa says and pulls me closer to her. 

~

Four Elements...

I stand before a huge forest shrouded in a thick and heavy mist. Four large stones stand as guards to the trees and the magic beyond. I hear a voice calling to me from within the mist. I step forward but it doesn't help. I can't see into the mist. I reach my hand out to touch the mist and suddenly it parts revealing the landscape beyond. 

I look to my side expecting to see Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff next to me but I'm utterly alone. I spin around looking for any signs of my friends but they're nowhere to be seen. 

The voice calls for me again and I turn back towards the forest before taking a hesitant step in. Before I can even think about turning back a strong gust of wind forces me deeper into the forest. I nearly trip over my feet it's pushing me so fast. I stumble to a stop as the wind finally dies down. I look down to see I'm on a cliff edge. Below water rages and crashes against the cliffside. 

I try to take a step back but there's a stone wall blocking my exit. I look for any possible exit but there is none. The ground beneath my feet rumbles and I fall off the cliff. I faintly hear someone screaming my name but it's so distant I don't know who or where it came from.