Judge Turpin

You are Judge Turpins ward along with your younger sister Joanna. You and William had always got along when you were in your late teens. William had always treated you less like his child and more like a friend. He understood you were shy and didn't talk much.

What he didn't know was that you were shy because you were so in love with him. However as Joanna got older he paid less attention to you and spent more of his time daunting on Joanna. You felt replaced. Yes William was Joanna care giver to but he never had time for you anymore as he constantly brushed you off to focus on Joanna or work. You were lonely enough considering you werent allowed to go outside without William and since he stopped paying attention to you he didnt take you out at all.

You started to spend most days in ur room, you saw no reason to leave. Joanna and you never got along and William was to focused on other things. You went into a depression. Not leaving your room or eating for days at a time. Looking out the window watching people go by. Always watching William leave for work and come home. A few months of this went on before Joanna had met a boy outside her window and decided to sneak away with him behind Williams back. He was furious and you knew better than to attempt to talk to him when he was in a mood like this. 2 more months passed and you weren't happy there anymore. Being 21 you could leave when I pleased. You had stayed hoping William would come back around but it hadn't happened. Late one night you began to pack a bag to leave in the morning. You wrote William a note and placed it in his office thinking he wouldn't see it til tomorrow night after you had already gone but for some reason tonight after work he decided to go into his office. He never worked on Friday night's but tonight apparently he was going to. Until he found your note. The door to your room opened so quietly you didn't even hear it.

"You too." William said in a low almost guilty tone.

"Sir I."

"Tell me, what am I doing wrong? Have I wronged you both in some unforgivable way that neither you nor your sister at least had the decency to say goodbye?" He interrupted.

"I left you a note." you said looking nervously at your hands.

"Yes I saw. But after everything I've done for you. You couldn't at least say it to my face."

"You don't understand"

"understand what? That you both hate me!? That I have failed? That you both don't want to be around me? Tell me what don't I understand!?" He yelled.

"I don't want this." You chocked out.

"Don't want what? To leave then why are you?" William spat.

"Because I can't stay here if its going to be like this." You  sobbed.

"Like what? Having food on the table and a roof over your head?" He replied sarcastically.

"You've changed and I don't know if its something I've done but I can't stay here when you hate me!" You yelled for the first time.

"Hate you? What are you talking about I do not hate you?" He said offended.

"I don't know what I did to you. You stopped talking to me. You used to come home and talk to me about work. About anything. But for months you've ignored me. You felt Joanna was better company than me so you threw me away like trash. I was lonely enough before.... But at least I had you then you went away to and I had no one. I have been stuck in this house my entire life. I can only leave when I'm with you and that was only once every couple weeks then you threw me aside for Joanna and I haven't felt the sun on my face in almost 6 months. I'm shy and you know that. But have you ever thought maybe its because I've never been able to speak with other people besides you? That never bothered me not having anyone because I had you! I had you and that's all I needed. So even though I don't want to leave because I love you I feel like I have to because I can't live with the person I love the most when they clearly hate me! ....It hurts to much." You rambled. William stood there for a moment stunned.

"I thought it was what you wanted." He said plainly.

"What?"

"You were so quiet. I know your shy and I respect that. But you've known me all your life so when you almost refused to speak I thought perhaps you didn't want me around. So I left you alone, I see now that I shouldn't have. You haven't been eating don't think I haven't noticed your absence at meals. I wanted to respect your space. Im sorry I made you feel unloved it was not my intention I love you very much. So much. I'll make it better. Ill be better I promise please. Don't leave me." He plead. You exhaled deeply.

"William." You said sheepishly. It was the first time you've called him by his name but you felt to tell him this you had to. "William. When I say I love you. I don't mean as a guardian. I'm in love with you William." You confessed.

"I know. I'm in love with you to. I had every intention to marry you before I let myself believe that you didn't want me around. I love you." He explained caressing your cheek with his knuckles. You sniffles back your tears and looked back at him.

"I love you so much" You cried throwing your arms around his neck crying into his shoulder.

"Sh I have you. I'm not going anywhere. I'll never neglect you again I promise you. I... Marry me. I wanted to ask you and now I have no reason not to." You nuzzled your face closer into his neck sobbing.

"Yes William" was all I could get out through your sobs. You slept in his room that night and every night after.

3 years later.

"Papa!" Your 2 year old yelled running and falling then getting up and running again to William as he walked through the front door. You laughed seeing how excited your son still got when he saw his father come home everyday. William chuckled picking him up instantly.

"Oh how's my boy?" He asked kissing his head.

"Mommy, papas home" Eliot yelled as if you couldn't see your husband.

"Yes he is. Hello darling." You said kissing him.

"Hello love. Has our little one been good today?" He asked tickling Eliots chin making him giggle.

"He's always good right Buba?"

"Yes mommy" You and William smiled at him. The spitting image of his father.

"And what about this one. How has she been treating you today?" William asked placing a hand on your growing belly.

"They have me feeling a little ill. But I'll manager" you insisted. William placed your son on the floor then got on his knees in front of you.

"Listen little lady take it easy on mommy. She's doing a very good job." William cristised the child growing inside you.

"Your convinced its a girl" You laughed placing your hand in his hair as he stayed on his knees in front of you.

"Well I was right about Eliot wasn't I?" He smirked as he nuzzled into your hand in his hair.

"Lucky guess" You teased. He stood and grabbed your waiste.

"I guess we'll see" he countered.

"I guess we will" you mimicked. He smiled at Eliot who had his arm wrapped around Williams leg with his thumb latched between his teeth.

"I love you both" he said looking at his family.

"We love you too William" you replied kissing him.