Eli vs P.L last part

Today has been a difficult one.  Eli had broken up with you after saying somethings that you never thought he would, and you had slept with P.L.  Tomorrow night you were going to dinner with P.L, but you still didn't know how you felt about Eli.  You cared very deeply for him, afterall he was your first, he helped you when you needed him, and cared for you when you felt like no one else did.  You needed to talk to him, and you decided tomorrow was the best time to do that. 

After getting ready that day you went right to Eli's office where he was sitting at his desk reading something you definitely wouldn't understand.

"Eli."  You called to him.

"What are you doing here?  Shouldn't you be working on the set for my brother's play?"

"Eli, we need to talk about this.  I don't want to end things on bad terms.  Especially when there's no reason why we should have to end things.  Just because I want to take theater classes, which I told you about before we got involved, shouldn't be the reason we break up."

"What should the reason be.. I know how about you fucking my brother?  Yeah, I heard you two."

"Eli I just.  You hurt me."

"AND YOU HURT ME! You started spending every waking moment with my brother, what about me?"

"Eli, I will still have time for you.  I will always have time for you, but I wanted to have a hobby as well.  Semester just ended a few days ago, just because I spent a little time helping with the theater set doesn't mean I wasn't going to make time for you.  That night I was going to ask if we could meet at the hotel a block away from here but we fought and then everything that happened with P.L...  I don't want to end things, not at all but especially not like this.  You know the arts is my passion, you know that better than anyone.  This is my chance Eli.  Every Time you do something sciency that you're proud of, I support you even though I don't understand it. Now it's your turn to do that for me.  Support me Eli, if you really care about me you will... Or you could be like my father and just turn your back on me, it's your choice.  This is where I stand and if you can't accept that then maybe you're right and this is where we should end. I have too much self respect to beg for you to stay in my life. So either stay, or go, it's your choice. I won't beg."  You turned to leave him but he caught you by your wrist.

"I'm sorry, you're right.  I never should have brought up your father that day in the auditorium, it wasn't fair of me to do so.  I was just so jealous and insecure... "

"Insecure, Eli, you had nothing to worry about.  Yes P.L is handsome I'll admit that but you and me, we have something that is more than physical attraction.  At least, I think we do."  You said looking at your hands a little insecure.  You felt like maybe this was just sex to him.

"It's not just sex, this has never been and will never be just sex.  If I didn't think there was something here I would have told you that before taking your virginity.  I would not have consented to being your first if I didn't see something special with you.  I am hurt that you slept with my brother, but I deserved it after how I treated you.  I took out my insecurities on you that day and I shouldn't have.  P.L is a lot younger than me and you both have so much in common because of your love for art and theater.  I thought maybe he was the better option for you."  Eli confessed.  You sat on his lap facing him and kissed him.

"If it makes you feel any better, it was only oral.  I couldn't let myself go any further with him... I just want you in that way.  I love you Eli, our differences are what make us work.  I feel like if we were only interested in the same things we'd be more likely to compete with one another and would be more likely to get jealous of each other's achievements.  I don't want that, I just want to be proud and happy for you. I love you, I'm sorry for what I did with P.L.  If we can forget all of this I promise I'll never do anything so stupid and rash ever again....  I won't take theater classes if it makes you uncomfortable."  You caved, a little disappointed.