Severus 🍋

"The triwizard tournament will be soon."  Severus muttered, staring at the newspaper in his hand. 

"I saw the goblet in the great hall."  You replied, pulling the quill out of your mouth as you worked on homework during your free period.  You always visited Severus in your free period. Obviously no one knew about your relationship being that you were still in your last year of school.  Sneaking around was hard so you spent as much time together as you could in his classroom.  Oftentimes you would eat lunch together in his office, and some nights you claimed that you had detention if you knew no other students did.

"Would you take that quill out of your mouth, I don't understand how you can do that."  He groaned seeing you put it back in your mouth.  You rolled your eyes.

"You know I used to want to take part in the triwizard tournament when I was younger." You changed the subject. 

"I hope you didn't put your name in."  He said worriedly.

"No, I wanted to be in it when I was young and suicidal. Now I have you and I don't have the urge to risk my life over something stupid."  You shook your head.

"Come here."  He said pushing his chair out for you to sit. You shut your book and sat on Severus' lap. "Promise me you won't put your name in that goblet." 

"Severus, I told you." 

"I know, just promise me."

"I promise baby, I won't put my name in."  You replied, kissing him passionately. 

2 days later

"And the Hogwarts champion is Y/N Y/L/N!"  Dumblebore yelled.  Your eyes widened, you didn't put your name in the goblet. You looked at Severus, still not rising from your seat in the hall.  "Y/N Y/L/N!"  Dumbledore yelled again.  You walked up to the front and took the paper from Dumbledore.  As you passed Severus he did not look happy.  You went down with the other champions and waited. Dumbledore and the other headmasters explained how the games would work and told you that the first game would be at the black lake.  After their long explanation that you shook all the way through because you didn't want to do this you were allowed to leave.  As you walked back to your common room in the dungeons you were pulled into a classroom, Severus' classroom.

"You said you wouldn't, you said you didn't want to, you promise!"  He yelled, pulling you into the room and slamming you against the door.

"I didn't put my name in. I don't want to do this Severus p-people die in this tournament." You stuttered.

"If you didn't put your name then how did it get in there? It didn't just grow legs and jump in."  He spat.  He didn't mean to be so rude but he was worried about you. You were right, people did die in this tournament. 

"I didn't do it!" You screamed, tears now running down your face. "I don't wanna be in this tournament. I don't want to." 

"Okay, okay."  He hushed you, pulling you into his chest.  He rested his hand on the back of your head, petting your hair.

"I don't wanna do this."  You hiccuped into his chest. "Please don't let them make me."

"It's okay, I'll talk to Albus, there may be something we can do.  Pick another name I don't know. Just go to bed and I'll come get you in the morning before the first task."  He petted your hair then let you nuzzle into his chest.

"Can I please stay here? I don't wanna be alone."  You whined.

"I suppose, come on."  He said taking you to his chambers. He tucked you into his bed and kissed your head. "I'll be right back."